Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

RFA: Baldos

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic
Bailos
Grand Inquisitor
Grand Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:19 am Post subject: RFA: Baldos Reply with quote

Request For Assistance!

Curiosity got the better of me this week and I was poking around trying to see what is new to UO, the state of the game, et cetera. Long story short, I have spent a long time tonight being frustrated over trying to use my old client credentials in this new unified login stuff.

I have an Origin account, and I have an EA/Mythic account from Warhammer Online, but I never merged the UO account with either as I have not played in several year.

I am trying to use the self-service stuff to recover my account, but nothing at all is coming up and all my searches on the interwebs are pointing me to retired, "Not found" pages on UOHerald or just looping me to the same EA/Mythic account management pages that do not give me what I want.

I have entered a ticket in hopes of recovering my account but they advertise that I should allow up to 14 days for a response and my experience with EA is that it will be at least 6 of those days before they get to me.

Can anyone point me to some literature that would be useful on how get my account added onto my EA ID, or anything like that?

Sorry, I know I used a lot of words and told a bad story. Please ask any questions you might need to in order to clear up my fuddy duddy request
Lady Mal
Adventurer
Adventurer

Location: Red Fang Pointe Crimson Shadow Syndicate @}'~,~'<V--V>'~,~'{@

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:41 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hay Baldy!

Unfortunately, Stratics forum seems down to me right now, but there was a tutorial over there when this all went down. I found this link through googling, but like I said, I can't get onto the stratics forums right now.

http://stratics.com/community/threads/retrieving-a-very-old-account-how-to.282728/

It was a confusing process for a lot of people. Sad
Bailos
Grand Inquisitor
Grand Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:18 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I will check out this link and hopefully reap something more helpful than ive found so far. Appreciated!
Dryzzid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bailos, how are you?

When you're on the EA/Mythic accounts page, go to "Link Accounts" and it will ask for your "Master Mythic Account Name", make sure you put _UO after your account name. That's where I got held up when I tried to do this several months ago. (ex: accountname_UO).

Fixed everything right up for me. Hope this helps.
Dryzzid#5091 | 74503058
Bailos
Grand Inquisitor
Grand Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

AHA! This is the goldmine I had been missing! I am doing well; life has changed a lot obviously since the last time I was around. I'm a good deal older and hopefully, wiser. I will always miss UO though : /
Dante Darkheart
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:23 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time I have an issue with my account I end up sending a few emails/tickets back and forth for a few days from people who's first language is not English until I get frustrated and call the general EA support line (866-543-543). And even that is no picnic put at least after waiting 2 hours on hold you talk to a human being with a lovely Irish accent.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deacon Drake
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Baldos! What's happening?

Yeah, when I tried to reactivate my account it took me a while to figure out the username_uo thing to link accounts; even then I forgot my password but eventually got it workin. Anyways, good luck and get your arse in game sometime!
Bailos
Grand Inquisitor
Grand Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

After finally having a few minutes to sit down and do it, I was able to get my UO account linked up with the _uo trick mentioned.

Thanks for your help everyone, and perhaps I'll see you in a graveyard sometime soon!
Molly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

BALDY!
Sanctus, Luna, Malas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXoGDbJ5nLU
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> Support and Feedback All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: