Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Dissolution of the ARPC, events forum, and more changes

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:34 pm Post subject: Dissolution of the ARPC, events forum, and more changes Reply with quote

In early December I posted on the guildmaster specific forums regarding the extreme inactivity and non-relevance of the ARPC community as an entity in itself. While there are guilds in the ARPC still active, the community has long since lived out its lifespan in terms of being an advantageous resource for roleplayers on Atlantic to belong to and utilize. A vote was created for all guildmasters of ARPC member guilds to vote on, for a duration of nearly 3 months. In a 60/40 split they voted to disband the formal community.

What does this mean to the majority of people here? Not much at all. Roleplay will continue to happen. Plots, storylines, and immersion will thrive on UO's largest shard, especially as more players migrate here due to declining numbers on other shards.

As far as the forums go, I've always done my best to keep them inclusive to all roleplayers, and this will continue even moreso now. I will list the changes that have happened on these forums below for reference:

• The ARPC Community Rules and Maps post has been removed and replaced by a set of guidelines the community has agreed on for many years. These are merely guidelines now, and not an enforced ruleset. Guildmasters will be the ones to enforce rules and regulations when it comes to wars and interaction.

• The ARPC maps and map archives have been moved to The Adventurer's Guide Book forum for historic purposes.

• The Senate, The War Room, and the ARPC Volunteers forums have been archived in the admin archive. Any posts contained within these forums can be brought back for reference or use upon request.

• The News and Announcements forum has changed to News and Events. All users can now post events and news on this forum and they will be visible on the main page. Please note, this is only for event and news posts, discussion posts should remain on the Great Assembly forum. The official news posters group has been removed, as any poster can now freely post news to the News and Events forum.

• Guild forums can be requested by anyone of any roleplay or community minded guild now with no limits, please let me know via PM and I can add a guild forum for your guild.

• Forum rules remain the same. Any posters wanting to become moderators may PM me for more info.

I'm also open to suggestions to make these forums more useful for all roleplayers on Atlantic. Currently I'm working on getting the Wiki repaired, however I welcome any additions or changes you think may need to occur.

Thank you everyone for being a part of the ARPC community project for almost 7 years, but like all good things, it must come to an end.

"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: