Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

WildStar

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic
GreyPawn
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:58 pm Post subject: WildStar Reply with quote

Hello Atlanticians. Atlanticers? Atlantians. Yeah, Atlantians. That works.

Ever have one of those days where you bump into a dozen instances of extreme personal fortuitousness, inadvertent incidental joy and goodness heaped upon you for no good reason, and your instinct, apart from gratitude, is an ominous anticipation of karmic reversal? Like some meteorite is going to come hurtling out of the stratosphere to vaporize the new Ferrari you just won, in effort to balance what is obviously so incredibly off-kilter in the universe? I keep waiting for that moment in the WildStar beta. This game is so good I fear to admit that it is in expectation of impending disaster. That simply acknowledging the culmination of everything that could go right with MMO design and development would be a setup for unleashing the horror. Sure, every feature is more polished than most of the 5-10 year MMOs out there, it's fun as hell and some of the systems are game changers. But playing it probably gives you some kind of incurable disease that we won't find out about for 18 months. It has to.

All this is to say that I will be playing WildStar, and will be creating a character on the Caretaker server with a handful of other Atlantic-ers whom I for some reason still keep in touch with. I doubt I'll be "gettin' the band back together" as far as world domination or megaguild construction goes, but will be playing relatively hardcore at the most casual of paces. If any of the old guildies plan on playing, I'll be muddling around in the Dominion faction (Cassian Spellslinger, as expected). If any of Moonglow's old archnemesiseses care to join in the fun, feel free to roll up a purple-haired furry Exile and try your yiffing best.

Worth noting - our old friend and regency-founding goodie-two-shoes Aleph Aeirs worked for years developing this game and his Ultima Online Atlantic juices are all over it, and you can see his community DNA in many of the systems and features. Customizable player housing that knocks the crap out of anything else out there for one.

That is all. Semper Veritas and all that jazz.

-GP
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: