Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Checking in, and, an open offer!

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:09 pm Post subject: Checking in, and, an open offer! Reply with quote

Hey everybody, I haven't checked in for ages, I hear that a good chunk of people have integrated into a different roleplay community on another server. That is cool! I was hoping that the shift to this separate developer, Broadsword, might have some impact on the recognition and treatment of roleplayers. I was really burnt by EA's shenanigans with Event Moderators; in comparison with the other roleplay medium I had available, I felt pretty irritated that I was paying a subscription for a medium where roleplay felt like an unsupported grey area. I am glad that there is a place that is still kickin', hopefully the current development team is interactive.

I also wanted to engage in a little bit of shameless advertising as I and a few other ARPC veterans have found a roleplay home in the aforementioned 'other roleplay medium' of Neverwinter Nights, specifically a server called Arleah. Neverwinter Nights has been around since 2002 and is based on D&D 3.0, though since then, large player-made custom content packs (and some of our server's scripters, including myself) have put a very strong D&D 3.5 flavor on some classes. Arleah has also been around from the beginning in 2002ish, and was the first server Bioware featured on the old website.

There are something like 30 base classes, over 100 prestige classes, dozens of races (most so powerful that they require a write-up, though a good two dozen are open to all, another 20 or so require only light permission). We are a level 30 epic mid/high magic world with a focus on roleplay; there is also PvE content and sometimes we have some tasteful, story-driven PvP. We are a unique D&D setting, allowing for wider creativity, though we do take inspiration from other sources.

As for the roleplay itself, Arleah has gone through several iterations and time jumps and has a history of characters and events spanning about 175 years in game. I was referred to Arleah by someone here on Atlantic back in 2005; it was my fallback until I had said my farewells to UO, then my sole means of roleplay fun thereafter. We have DMs that run events and server plot arcs, ongoing content development by staff and volunteers, player housing, player guilds, with options for custom player houses and very generous benefits to active and well established guilds. Constant builder attention allows us to shape the world according to player actions, not just fling railroaded story at our players constantly, or leave everything up to player roleplay.

Our most active times for roleplay are Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights around 9PM EST, though I've often been surprised to find tons of people on at odd hours and irregular days. Neverwinter Nights costs $10 from gog.com and has no cost to it afterwards; if you have already acquired NWN but have lost your keys, do not worry, EA/Bioware has basically dropped support for NWN and we can get things working for you regardless.

Anyway, if any of you out there are interested in a non-subscription, D&D based roleplay medium (and playing with some old fuddie-duds like myself, and other oldie ARPC members who've found a home there over the years) featuring DM events and 'living world' style ability to influence the setting, please look us up!

Arleah's website & IRC chat widget (undergoing some renovations and updates; guilds are outdated, pantheon is going through a minor rework, stuff like that)

Arleah's forum

I can be contacted by ICQ (78154429) or forum PM on either this forum or Arleah's forum (I go by 'Chaszmyr' there). Hope to see some oldies that are looking for a new thing thang!
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting, thanks!
Lady Mal
Adventurer
Adventurer

Location: Red Fang Pointe Crimson Shadow Syndicate @}'~,~'<V--V>'~,~'{@

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool, Kuja. Can't believe Arleah's still around! Smile
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, yeah, we've started referring to different generations by version numbers, with Arleah 1.0 being pre-NWN2 launch from 2002-2007, Arleah 2.0 being afterwards from 2007-2012, and 3.0 after we started with a clean new module in 2012 onward to the present. Easier to remember that way, it's been so long.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: