Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

History of Phyrra Venorik

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins
View previous topic :: View next topic
Phyrra Venorik
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:09 pm Post subject: History of Phyrra Venorik Reply with quote

Phyrra grew up in a small wooden house somewhere in the middle of the Northern Forests. There were no neighbors or cities nearby, and so Phyrra was isolated from the evil's of people while she was growing up. Phyrra's mother was a beautiful human woman who used to love to take her daughter out looking for fruits, vegetables, and the occasional small animal to make dinner with. Her father was a handsome drow man, who was very mysterious at times. He was always away on "business" trips, but when he was at home he would take his daughter to the sea and sometimes they would just sit and listen to the sounds of the ocean and the sounds of the forest.

Phyrra never really knew what her father did. He would never tell her. He always said, "When you are old enough to understand, I will share with you the secrets of my business, and hopefully you will follow in my footsteps and be great at what you do."

It did not matter to Phyrra what her father did, because she loved him as much as any daughter would. And he treated her and her mother like they were the most precious things in Sosaria. She only wished that she knew why her mother always cried herself to sleep while her father was gone. Phyrra guessed that it was just that her mother missed him so. Phyrra missed him too.

When Phyrra was around the age of 16, her father handed her a bag and told her to hold onto the items in the bag and use them when she got older. He told her they would help to protect her from the evils in the world. Phyrra kept the bag under her bed for years. She always wondered why her father would want to give her a set of armor. Only fighters wore armor. She was not a fighter. Phyrra knew a little bit of magic, but she did not think that she needed the armor.

One day while she was outside playing in the woods with the family's dog, her father came up to her and said he was leaving for another one of his "business" trips. Phyrra hated it when her father left for his trips. He always had a sad, distant look in his eyes. She smiled up at her father and gave him a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. "I love you Daddy. I'll see you soon!" Her father smiled down at her and said "Yes my little Phyrra, I'll see you soon." And he turned and walked off into the forests.

Months came and went. Then it turned into years. The look in her mother's eyes filled with despair and dread more and more with each passing day. Her mother's crying at night became louder and it hurt Phyrra so deeply to hear her mother weep so much.

One day after about 5 years of her father not returning a strange man came to the door. Phyrra had never seen the man before, and watched him curiously from behind a tree at the side of the house. He spoke to Phyrra's mother for a brief period, and then Phyrra saw her mother drop down onto her knees and cover her face as the tears and sobs came rolling out. After years of wondering and waiting, Phyrra knew for sure now that her father was never going to return. That day in the woods was the last time she would be the last time she would ever see her father ever again. She ran off towards the ocean and sat down on the rocks that her and her father used to sit on when she was younger. She looked out at the horizon and watched the sun slowly set through tears. It was then that she knew it was time to leave. She did not want to leave her mother all alone, but she had to know what it was her father wished for her to follow in. Phyrra hoped that she would be able to find someone to help her.

Phyrra kissed her mother goodbye and told her not to worry. She explained to her that she had to do this. Her mother nodded. "Mother, before I go. Is there anything you can tell me of Father's business?" Her mother shook her head slowly.

"Phyrra, he kept his business a secret from the both of us. All I know is that it is something very dangerous. It is something that has obviously gotten him killed, and I pray that it does not get you killed also."

Phyrra looked at her mother one last time, and headed off towards the woods. She did not know where she was going. She had no idea how she was going to find the answers that she needed, but she was bound and determined to find them. Even if it was the death of her, like her father.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: