Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Universal Vampire standards. (?)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:04 pm Post subject: Universal Vampire standards. (?) Reply with quote

So I was talking with a lot of people about vampire Rp on atl lately.

Apparently a lot of people follow Vampire: The Masquerade... And there is a lot of stuff in there that most don't RP as.

Can anyone post a clarified universal vampire guide of some kind?

Thanky.
Horace Telver
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a guide in the lyce-thingy... but if you want to know how to RP a vamp, just attach yourself to one of the Bosses. That is usually the best way, the clans are so diverse that any one guide would not do it all justice.
Arieus De'Chevia
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

TSR's Ravenloft stuff is good too.
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of the OES site has some good stuff...

Bad Kuja! Why did you not look at the site?!?!
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff can be outdated.
Acejuk
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:39 am Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

Personally, I always thought it would be fun to do an oldschool type vampire. Like Dracula without being a god and godmoding everything.

like hiding at daytime, not using garlic spells, hissing in fear at the undead slayer weapons, and Hating archery since its basically a flying wooden shaft.

Horace Telver
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Not possible. Night/Day cycle too short, and Dracula without all the god-moding bits is... pretty much what we all play.
Dominatria
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I definately disagree about archery. I have a Lasombran vampire who is an archer/necro, and she uses Archery so as not to get her hands dirty defending herself. Necromancy obviously a dark art learned over time.

Im sure if Azin had internet she'd be far more vehement. Her Gangrel is an avid archer, using the bow to hunt down her prey.

Garlic I agree on. Vampire mages are a bit iffy, for that reason. Now that necromancy is around there's no longer a need to depend on it. Though the occasional "Kal Vas Flam" wouldn't be breaking any rules.

Undead slayers as well, should be feared. Though there's no races implemented to work the disadvantage into the game mechanics, for RP purposes a 'silver' dagger would be appropriate for scaring a vampire.

Which brings me to the point that ICly, most vampires should remain unknown to be one by most. OOCly it would probably be common knowledge, but going up to someone and saying "My what big fangs you have" wouldn't be good RP. Most vampire characters should be subdued, not out and about; their identity meant to be secret. The only time a true vampire is "vampiric" is during ceremonies and amongst cult/family members. Those others they choose to show their true form to are their own perogative.

Pale complexion is a general standard in my opinion. Though they dont have to remain underground everytime it's daytime in Britannia, in an RP aspect they should be avoiding the sun, and therefore lack any sort of a tan. Those bloodlines with alternate color skin should of course have such, though a good story to explain it would be helpful.

That's all from me. Never actually RPed a siring or execution, so I wouldn't have an opinion on those. Those that do would be more than kind for sharing their knowledge with a reply. Other than that the OES (VtM) lore is pretty solid. Others to be mingled throughout, of course.

-Dom
Alexander the Elf
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

People in vampire form take 25% more damage from undead slayers, actually. Not sure if anyone knew that.

Same for wraith/lich form.

Beast form is susceptible to daemon slayer weapons, as well.
Horace Telver
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampire Form maketh the vampire not.

I never vamp formed my chars, I just don't think it neccesary.
Alexander the Elf
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Well yes, but those who do actually vamp form their chars have an actual susceptibility to themselves after that. I know not everyone is going to do that, but if the ones that do have that weakness are forced with it, wouldn't it be better off if everyone who RPed as a vampire, even not in vamp form, was forced to also RP as weak to that?
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:15 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Vamp form is ugly, having hat-of-magi white skin doesnt make you a vampire, it makes you Llaar.
Horace Telver
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, according to the fiction most of us use, not all of us are vunerable to garlic etc.

Vamp Form = Ugly, and unnecessary.
Zh`Azhak Szvoyza
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:45 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Going off of Dominatria's post here. Since this is "universal", I don't think much can be added, especially in the way of siring. "Traditional" lore suggests if you are bitten, you turn into kindred yourself. Some suggest that you need to be killed by a kindred, then buried and you will dig your way out after becoming kindred. World of Darkness lore suggests that a near dead person is fed kindred blood, which then takes over their own and the person becomes kindred. Considering the various ways, I dont think its safe to say one is right or wrong to play as they do.

Kindred execution is kind of rare in our shard, or so I understand. Zemyaza's law was that those that wrong his commandments would be exposed to sunlight or diablerie, the act of draining a fellow kindred thoroughly of blood, killing them and in the process consuming parts of their soul, which then mixed with the diablerist's soul. Diablerie isn't too favorable. Similiar effect could be produced by just letting a kindred leak to their death. Since we don't have the luxury of avoiding sunlight in the game, alternative methods can be thought of. The Tal'mahe'Ra had a ritual to rip the soul out of a treacherous kindred to force them to service. Other methods could be hanging a kindred in mid-air, then producing several thin "blessed" metal pipes and impaling the kindred with them so that they would support him/her in the air. S/he would remain there if the piercing spots wouldn't be fatal and, unable to die, would suffer eternal torment, in a way or another.
Horace Telver
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:15 am Post subject: Reply with quote

*plots evilly* Is there a ritual or said diablerie?

Overall... there aren't even enough well RPed vampires on the shard to even consider having rules for it... I mean...

It's Zhaz, Azreal, and a couple more... that's it really.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: