Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

The afterlife of a Vampire

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins
View previous topic :: View next topic
Adin Blackwind
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:44 pm Post subject: The afterlife of a Vampire Reply with quote

Maiden Name and/or Nick Names to disclose? Kotare II, my most trusted friends I allow to call me Kots.

Race: Vampire

Alignment: Lawful Evil

What year marked the start of your adventures on the Atlantic Shard?
Dec. 30 1999 was the day of Kotare's Awakening

City of Origin: Yew

City of Residence: Yew

Email Contact: kotare_2@hotmail.com

Personal Web Link:

IM Listings: (IE: ICQ #00000, AIM username, etc): ICQ 30963124

Name of Guild or Organization Affiliation: Currently with the Dark Awakening

Your Role or Title: Duke of BlackWind

Guild or Organizational Web Tome Links:

Associations and Memberships: (List any fraternal, political and or association references): If I told you, I'd have to kill you.

Descendents and Kin: (List those bound to you as family, by blood or by oath): Adin BlackWind (Deceased) Lorin BlackWind (Deceased) Luna BlackWind (Whereabouts unknown)

Essay Questions
Describe your physical Appearance: (You enter a crowded room, what do others notice?) Kotare is most noted for his officer like stance and dark attire. Polite to the fullest even if his motives are twisted.

Historical Facts: (What people should know about your history):

Tell us a story about one of your most memorable experiences in the Realm: there are many to tell. I have writen some for you below.

Is there anything else you would like to share?
you asked, and now your going to suffer.

Chapter 1 LOST HERITAGE

I was not always one with the shadows. I too was once a man who loved and cherished every moment of his mortal life. As far back as I can remember, I was a boy of not more than five years of age. I remember grand parades in my father's honor. The streets of our kingdom were lined with the soldiers of my bloodline as they passed as if prided by all. We were proud warriors. I was the only son and heir to the BlackWind throne. That all changed one dark night as a dark and sinister force swept through our defenses and murdered my beloved family. It was only the grace of fate that I and my two sisters escaped. Our guardian placed us in a cave to keep us safe and a deep sleep ensued. I would not know how soon our guardian would return. If only I had known he wouldn't, I might not be here now telling you this tale.

It has been 350 years, give or take a few years, Since my sister's and I were placed in the caves near what you call Minoc. My oldest sister Luna, whom I have not seen since my awakening. My younger sister has since perished and I guess its only safe to assume that Luna has as well.
Upon my awakening, I was taken in by miners. they showed me how to work in the quarry. But my heart yearned for much more. I was a young man then. a bit behind the times as there was a new language, new customs, new clothes. Many viewd me as boy with a man's body. So I was brought to Yew to learn. It was there I would learn the skills needed to survive. I learned to read and write, and after my studies were done, I would be granted time in the courtyard for lessons in swordplay.

for 3 years I learned all I could. the senior students used to mock me. One such day, I remember holding back until I just couldn't anymore. One of the senior students challenged me to a duel, I refused at first. But My holding back gave way to anger as he tormented me. with the other students laughing at me, I lunged at the young man and with all my pent up rage I unleashed my wrath in all its fury upon him. It was all he could do to parry but moments later I disarmed him. He yielded and held up his hands in the universal sign of surrender. The others looked on with shock. a Junior student who was always quiet and kept to himself, just beat the school yard bully. It did not surprise me that I would be kicked out of the school for my act. I guess they feard I would have killed him.
For a brief moment, the thought had crossed my mind, but death is not what I sought at the time.

Chapter 2 LIFE ON THE STREETS

Alone once again with no food or gold to hold me over, I took what jobs I could find. Some were not always within the side of laws and I became a common crimminal. I guess outsiders are never truely given the chances people promise as I was often hunted. I found hope with others like myself and we became close friends. But the quest for knowledge was more than I could make content and again I set out to learn more of my past. It was by shear luck that I had come accross an old document which proved my heritage had existed. I stole it and left to find what remained of the BlackWinds.

Upon arriving to what remained of my father's castle, I stood there knowing I had seen this place before. It brought back plesant memories. However, plesant memories gave way to darker ones and once again I was determined to fix what had been done. Further to the north, A new castle was built. Many of its stones were taken from what remained of Castle BlackWind. Its owner was none other than the decendant of the man who had murdered my father and mother. As I walked up to the castle door, I saw a familiar crest adorned on a banner. The same crest waved over the Castle after it was taken from my family. With the only heirloom I had left. I drew my dagger out and enbedded it into the heavy wooden door. Its hilt clearly showed my family crest. I turned and ran into the woods. My warning has been placed and now I was going to rebuild BlackWind. Its sole purpose was to exact vengence upon the desendants of my parents killers.

Chapter 3 RECONSTRUCTION

It had taken me many years to rebuild just a fraction of what my father's forces were. My hatred consumed me. I saw nothing but death and wished it upon any who stood in my way. I could not bear my losses and now I was going to make someone pay. Atempt after attempt I tried as hard as I could to take that castle by force, but Grimrick always seemed to be one step ahead. I would later learn there was a traitor within my ranks and I had him executed. With my seiges failing to capture the castle, I resorted to darker methods of combat. Insurgency and espionage garnered more success. I would soon learn that Grim had a wife and that she was his weakness. Little did I know, it was she who would be my own undoing. My forces gathered strength as I laid my plans into action. On a dark and calm night she came to me and requested an audience. much to my own surprise I allowed it thinking she was little danger. That would be my last night as a mortal man.

Chapter 4 NEW UNLIFE

Upon awaking, I could remember little of what we spoke of, much less did I remember her leaving. my neck was sore and reaching up to ease the pain only told me I was bitten. I knew what this ment and I refused to believe that I would become one of the undead. Within days I grew more restless as I grew hungry for nothing but blood. Simple foods I once ate never seemed to fullfill my hunger. They only made me sicker, or so it seemed. Finaly I lost contiousness and I awoke the next day with bloodstained fingers. News had come to me that the Yew Militia were looking for a beast that murdered a pesant girl tending to her sheep.

Later that night my sire had visited me once more. She told me what had happened as she watched me hunt the girl like an animal. I cared only for blood and I took it in an instant. A simple pesant was murdered by my own hand and I had no control. By this time, my Son had come of age and with a heavy burden, I disapeared for a time from the BlackWind way of life. I sought comfort with those who could help me with my curse.
I was an angel of darkness now. A killer without mercy. As I learned more about myself, I became more destructive. It would prove to be a curse that would never leave me. I have had attempts to cure my vampirism from spells to blood transfussions. All of which failed.

I was doomed to walk forever with my hatred. Cast out by mortals and hunted by my own kind, I took up living a life of solitude until I could control my own actions.

(TO BE CONT.)
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: