Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Troop movement/maps
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic

Should moongates be used only as facet transfer points?
Yes, that way we have to use roads to move troops
81%
 81%  [ 22 ]
No, we should be able to move troops anywhere anytime
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
I've got a better idea! (comment below)
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 27

Arlin
Slightly Crazed
Slightly Crazed

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

My concern is:

Say OES decides to invade Yew cause we screwed them on a caravan or something.

So...where does OES establish a 'base camp' so to speak, from which to launch thier invasion?

I think that we need to make use of buildings OSI gives us more often. Again using the example of OES invading Yew...they come through the Yew gate, but instead of directly attacking the town, they go and set up base at the Yew Crypts. This way, we can have guards patrolling the outskirts of bases, having spies try to sneak in and steal battle plans etc etc.

This could work for any town. Theres guard outposts throughout Tram and Fel to be used, player housing. I myself plan on using the roads as much as possible with guard patrols and caravans. Last night I did a caravan to Vesper from Yew, and it went off great, and gave me some ideas for future Roleplay regarding borders and patrols etc.
Horace Telver
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 100% with Arlin.

Such as if, god forbid, OES invade sanctus the logical base camp would be in the mountains, creating barricades, setting up a real camp, something that actually looks like it is being lived in.

Same thing goes for... say if the Orcs attacked our little sphere of influence, they would likely take up residence in the orc forts that dot the area.

The Yew crypts is an excellant example, or perhaps the graveyards about the realm.
Arcana
Crazed Zealot
Crazed Zealot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Skirmishes by OES into towns from the various graveyards sounds like it would be a lot of fun.
Merteoe
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Arlin/Horace, that is *exactly* what I mean, excellent.

As for existing points of interest, I agree. If I was involved with OES, I would consider any graveyard an insertion point / HQ for them, and would patrol them accordingly. Other guilds may have appropriate posts as well, although that one stands out more in my mind.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: