Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Fresh Blood
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:30 am Post subject: Fresh Blood Reply with quote

Okay, so we need fresh blood to keep the community alive.

Instead of guilds thinking they need to add people asap to keep the numbers up so 'someone else doesnt steal them'... I propose, an unbiased neutral website with information and the basic rules. No looting, war rules, how to RP.... The existing community can look over these rules and give their opinions and stuff.

Just the basics - getting a solid list of rules would take forever and much bickering.

Also, a list of guild accepting new members - Not a list of all guilds, just what guild wish to put a blurb about themselves on the site.

Something real basic, so the fresh blood all learns the right way.

Good? Yes?
Tarothin Armunn
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:03 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. The Dark Order is always looking to expand and take in new people.
Silent Poet
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps we could hold a cross community/guild event... like a job fair.. only we hand out actual books detailing the history and goals of our guilds.. and maybe have some events.. that would bring in new people..

I don't mean just go spam at the West Brit Bank...

I mean ... post on Stratics.. and any site that might get people interested.

Just the musings and mutterings of an old man...

Yours in service,

Poet
Ditto Quantum
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:48 pm Post subject: If the guilds can all coperate then Its great. Reply with quote

Recruiting is a touchy subject sometimes for me. People come & go, alot of people looking to join an RP guild, who may or may not know the basics. I don't think there's a problem in finding fresh blood. I think the problem more lies in what happens after they join a guild. There's alot of talk about rp schooling, pvp training, but very little of it is actually being followed through. There seems to me to be only a small handful of guilds who actually want to take the time to walk each recruit through, and make sure they are comfortable with what they need or want to know.

(It's kind of like going shopping, coming home, and not sorting out the packages & putting things away before deciding to go shopping again. Over & over. The new stuff eventually gets forgotten or accidently tossed to the side, until one day you look around and wonder where all that stuff you bought went to).

Don't get me wrong, recruiting is a good thing. But can we also figure out a way that the community can actively help out (not just talk or point fingers) in the "training" of the recruits that guilds have already?

(I'd say more, but that would make it a post for the Pit board hehe)

*Hugs*
Dominatria
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy, recruiting. This has always been my favorite thing to do. [/sarcasm]

This looks like a good thread to promote the ressurection of an old idea... a recruitment guild/town. Some of the old timers will remember WYU, and most of the newer ones will remember Stormhaven (though that was not technically a recruitment guild/town, it is perfect for my idea).

I think what we need is a Stormhaven 2.0. An RP town near a densely populated area, such as Britain, only difference being it be dedicated to "spreading the word of RP" versus being a guild in of itself. It could be run by people dedicated to teaching roleplay and war regulations, and guild leaders could frequent the town looking for recruits, and run into those wishing to join the community or even just check it.

Expansion on the idea is welcome. Smile

-Dom
Arcana
Crazed Zealot
Crazed Zealot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Ditto is right on target. I know that in KOS, like any guild, we go through our ups and downs. When we are on the upswing in activity, we do a *much* better job with member retention when we take the time to make friends with the new people and make them feel like part of the family. We lose people when we get distracted and don't do anything other than send them an ICQ about the weekly guild hunt. It takes mentoring and one-on-one interaction.

Dominitara has a great idea. I wish OSI hadn't gotten rid of the Haven Dorms. I think adopting some building or location in Haven would suit our purposes for meeting new people. Or even an NPC structure *in* Britain, near the bank. Ideally, something close to a moongate or a popular bank.
Sir Robert
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Stormhaven is quite quiet Rolling Eyes
Why dont we simply start to use the Growling Gryphon there? Its close to a populated town and moongate and I think Stormhaven wont be angry if we bring life back there.

Though this be madnes, yet there's method in't
Baron Mordegan
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:10 pm Post subject: I agree Reply with quote

Stormhaven needs a boost, so I say lets lend them a helping hand and use the tavern.
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ditto, PVP training takes a backseat to RP schooling. If you don't agree with that, you should be running a faction PVP guild instead of an RP guild. That's just common sense.

</rant>

I was once part of stormhaven, and no Morus wouldn't mind if we used the citadel. I don't think we should recruit from WBB or any place in game, posting on websites is best in my mind. Why? Because people that want to know this stuff go out of their way to go to places like stratics. If people put any effort to finding it, they will, and they are probably going to be valuable to the community. People that have it thrown in their face might say 'meh, whatever, ill give it a shot' and they're not worth our time.

Call me elitist, I don't care. Just some standards. We all are elitist. If you say you are not, then go RP at WBB. Hee hee.
Nas'Rath
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this website idea. Sometimes it's kinda hard to explain OOC rules IC. Like when people say "Those oranges in the corner are our enemies" I just sit there with a WTH kind of look on my face.
Ditto Quantum
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:06 am Post subject: Huh? What? Reply with quote

Umm..Kuja, where in my reply did you see that I favored pvp training over rp training? If you took it that way then I apologize for not making myself more clear. If it was the part where I typed "training", then it was meant to cover all aspects of playing within the community. Not just pvp and not just rp.

And I don't run any guild. I'm a member of a family guild called OTD, run by someone else. Not me.

Oh, wait a minute...Did you mean Ditto as in me or ditto as in the word??
(ok, I'm very confused here hehe)
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:25 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I didn't mean it offensively Ditto, I just read what you said and decided to go off on a rant.
Ditto Quantum
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:33 am Post subject: Oppsie Reply with quote

Well, that will teach me to read while intoxicated then won't it? Hehe
Sorry about that.

*hugs*
Legerion
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:39 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Idea of using the Growling Gryphon since it used to be THE #1 meeting place for the whole community and it is close a numberous medium size vendors mall, to moutains , to a moongate and to britain which is all good if we want to bring attention towards the Citadel.

Also we could hold Feasts and such at the... Fair grounds like we used to do. If we want to recruit, we could have little stands with informations and such on the guild and each guild could have a little stand with books and members to explain the goals/meaning/alligment and such of the guild. This way we could let people decide among all the different kind of guild that we have in the community. For example, a lil brat would rather go in TSE than in O|S and an Elf will prefer to go in Elf than to go in Humanis eh lol. Well i'm sure that you get my point.
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. Little brats are welcome in TSE if they can roleplay. Twisted Evil
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: