Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Katya (and many more) / Susan

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic
Katya
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:41 am Post subject: Katya (and many more) / Susan Reply with quote

Hiya.

Here goes...I'm 33, I live in Ohio (god, there seems to be at least a few of us in UO. maybe it's an escape!), I work in the collections department of a military history museum, and I'm married to a fantastic fellow geek who tried UO for about 3 hours and quit, bored out of his mind.

I'm an rp newbie but have been playing UO for a couple of years. I started up in 1999, I think, and played for a while on Catskills. Then, my main character managed to die and get her corpse stuck in a rock. Really. A rock. So, after paging GMs & getting NO help, I quit in a fit of anger.

So, in 2003, after starting another grad school program (I'm trying to switch careers from museums to libraries) and wanting something more concrete to distract me from studying than, say, work...I came back. This time: instant obsession. I tried to break into the Catskills rp scene (lots smaller than ours here), and had no luck. So, I shard-shopped, ended up here back in April, and tossed a char into the mix.

Of course, she stank. Now she's my scribe mule. So I tried another char. And like an idiot, I didn't do my research on what names already existed, and eventually felt I should delete her. After that, I seemed to be less of a char-creation dumbass. Now, I've got a gazillion alts running around (Hannah, Tari Elsenar, Safiya, et. al.), but still prefer Katya the best. I'm still waaaay raw rp-wise, but am having a great time.

UO-wise, I have the attention span of a 3-year old. I'm a lousy powergamer (hence, I have one char with ANY GMs, back on Cats. and this is with 2 accounts). I switch chars constantly, mostly because I want to try every skill out there eventually. For me, the rp interaction (and then writing about it in IC posts) is the reason I still play the game.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: