Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Kain Elderan / Dan

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic
Kain Elderan
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:27 pm Post subject: Kain Elderan / Dan Reply with quote

Where to begin?

I was born in Fayetteville, North Carolina, and lived there for the majority of my young life. My parents have been divorced since I was 2, and both are currently in their 3rd marriages. I grew up living with my dad, a lock and key kid since he worked 2-3 jobs. I decided to live with my mother at the age of 16, moving to Missouri for 2 yrs or so.

In 96' I joined the Army Reserves at the age of 17, trying to find a focus for my life and get off the path of trouble I was headed down. I went to basic training at Ft. Leanord Wood, MO, between my junior and senior yrs in high school.

Since then, I've experienced alot the military has to offer. In 98' I decided to go Active Duty, and was shipped to Germany for 2 yrs. Just before this I had started dating my wonderful wife, Skylar / Cindy. She stuck with me through the 2 yrs of seperation, even through the tough times of me becoming more mature and realizing that she was the best thing that had ever come into my life, even more so than these blasted computers and internet games.

In 2000, just before I was to move to a new duty station, we got married, and I have never been a happier husband. She's put up with my addiction to computer games quite well in the past 4 yrs, and I could never express how much I truly love her for that. She always supports me, no matter what I do, even if its a stupid decision (like deleting the old Kain). This coming April 15th I will be happy to celebrate our 5th yr of marriage and happiness.

Also in 2000, we moved to Ft. Stewart, where I made the decision to change my job in the military, since Supply sucks. In 2002, I re-enlisted with the option of becoming a part of the Military Intelligence Corps, as an Imagery Analyst. I went to school for 9 months, before I being sent back to Ft. Stewart. For anyone who's ever been there, you can imagine my happiness. In Nov 2002 I was deployed to Kuwait, where I stayed up until Operation Iraqi Freedom. My unit moved all the way to Baghdad Airport, until we left in June 2003. Then this past January I re-enlisted (for my final time most likely) to come to Hawaii, where I am currently stationed.

As to my gaming / roleplay experiences, I got into playing D&D from my stepdad, at the age of 12. Some of my most memorable experiences were in his group of "Army buddies", where we had one of the best DM's I have ever played with. This spurred my imagination, and I have been an avid D&Der since. I got into computer games back in 95', playing Mechwarrior 2: Netmech on Kali. Countless late nights led to me always being sleepy in school, probably why I didn't do so great. While in Germany my internet access was non-existant, but I did get introduced to UO the very first time by my best friend. I didn't play, but I got to see him play and it definitely had my interest. When I moved to Ft. Stewart in 2000, I found a great group of friends who were into D&D as well. Ralph (Kotare) invited me to play UO on Atlantic. I had played for about 4 or 5 months on Napa Valley at that point, but was rather disappointed with the roleplay community there. So...here I am.

I've quit a few times for various reasons, but no matter where I have been, I haven't found a roleplay community such as this one. We do have our struggles here, but that is always a part of any internet community. I know no matter what though, I will always look back in later years and remember my time among this community with fondness.

Daniel W. Parrish
SGT, US Army
Player of
Kain Elderan
Dayn Elderan
Shiner
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: