Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Is this a completely stupid idea

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Silent Poet
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:32 pm Post subject: Is this a completely stupid idea Reply with quote

The other day, I was talking to somene, and went and bought a book from the provisioner... and wrote this in it..

"Read my profile... and because I gave you this letter of introduction, you may know that information"

Do you think that is acceptable. To hand someone a book and say it is a letter of introduction.. and heck.. next time even go so far as to copy what is on my profile in the book?

Or is that metagaming?

Poet
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, why not? It works.
Silent Poet
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I thought I would ask the community... before I did it more often... because .. I didn't want to be getting into a habit that was considered.. bad rp.

thanks for your opinion, Kuja

Poet
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people have a no OOC IG rule like myself. In that rule, nothing in the physical game is OOC, right? Not really - party is acceptable. It's not 'seen' by anyone. So is the profile - not physically seen anywhere.

Here's an example with books. Few months ago there was a plague going around called Lungrot. The way it spread was a book that had instructions in it, and you were basically 'infected', etc etc. Just an example of how books can be 'OOC'. I think it's acceptable. Hard to explain, but, acceptable.
Horace Telver
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:47 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer to have the profile act as a first impression "You see...." etc. Not really anything kinda. You want to bring a physical atribute to light emote it.
bleen
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:04 am Post subject: Interesting thought Reply with quote

To keep myself honest, I am working on introducing myself to people. There are more people I know now "on sight" but to keep from using info like profiles and such I am making it a habit of introductions. And if I happen to do this to someone I already know, well I am an old man with poor eyesight and who drinks too much. So I expect to be forgiven my slight lapses.

bleen the green
aka larry
Silent Poet
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I also think the profile should cover some of the basics..but since Poet acts as a diplomat and recruiter so often, I thought maybe a "letter of introduction" would help someone new to the community.

It would have my icq number on it... like my profile.. and then we can discuss somethings... ooc ... as it pertains to being IC in the game.

Poet
Nazralte
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Profiles are nice, most are decent. Although I must say I get a laugh everytime I see the ones with things like "his eyes feel like they penetrate deep into your soul" or "her beauty mesmorizes you" and "his powerful aura overwhelmes you" ect.

Its like godmoding in a way. Trying to force a feeling onto your char.

Nazralte
Former Regent of Britannia
Brian
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i need to fix my profile i usally keep quotes that most embody my char brian but i really need to put a discription. But that looks deeply into your soul deal just isnt me.
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

would scare me half to death to see deep into half the souls out there

nononosmilie
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: