Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

T-Map Hunter Question
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Adventurer's Guide Book
View previous topic :: View next topic
Alexis
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:51 pm Post subject: T-Map Hunter Question Reply with quote

Im thinking of making a treasure hunter and was wonder.. is mining still a "must" for t-mappers? I know it use to or still able to allow digging greater distances and same question for detect hidden, is it needed still to remove traps?
Savhanna
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

You dont need detect hidden and remove trap if you have magery. At least that is true up thru level 5. Not sure on 6's. You don't need mining if you are going to dig one tile away. GM mining does allow you to get up to 8 tiles away, I believe, and that may be a big difference with the new creatures revealing when SE comes out. I would try it out on TC with SE to see how the changes effect it. Good luck.
Alexis
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help Sav. So far I've got lockpicking/cart/magery/fishing/eval/med/optional

I wanna try something I havent done much in. Fishing and T-hunting are two of those things plus with the new paragon stuff it may help me. Not sure what other good skills I can use are though since I've never made one.
Savhanna
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

mine has no fishing but hiding and also mining. She is good for guild thunts but stinks at soloing the higher level ones. No eval either which make her spells stink, but she has meditation. If I had her to do over again I would have done her differently.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a GM t hunter and that template you have will make it almost impossible to solo maps.you need peacemaking or taming.You need a way to fight the monsters.or peace and provoke them to kill one another.I have mine as my tamer.It is a cramped template I use but most map locations put you right there so mining is not needed really.Also telekenisis removes traps on any level map.But the new hide/reveal"changes" might hurt.But I invis just before the chest comes up so perhaps it will still work.if not then NO t-hunter will ever do a map without death.that new change could ruin thunters.PM if ya have more questions or post if I can offer more advice I will.
Arcana
Crazed Zealot
Crazed Zealot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

And don't forget your shovels and lockpicks... Black knows all about that Wink *runs*
Lodi
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually with the new hiding/reveal change coming, bard t-hunter is looking prettier that the rest by even a further margin.

Hit that area peace when they spawn and off screen to wait for skill timer refresh for first provoke.

As for the mining, minimal mining is needed these days if you are using a library such as Goodman's. If you want to do it the old fashion way and actually hunt for the treasure, mining is a must. Currently i'm trying to decide if I want 30 or 40 mining so I can save the rest of my last few points for Meditation.
ICQ - 35574276
Alexander the Elf
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:39 am Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need eval on a t hunter. I'd go with peace and music instead, one of those being the 'optional' you have listed. Eval is sort of wasteful because you -will- do more damage with spells, but it's more effective to just use summons instead. Eval doesn't affect how much you heal for, how much you bless for, or most stat things, and it also doesn't affect mindblast damage. So if you do have to do damage to something then just mindblast it. It's good to just peace stuff, summon stuff, heal your summons, and keep peacing, with maybe a mindblast or two every now and then.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:08 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Acually the hide/reveal changes should not effect t-hunter to much on initial spawn.I am under the impression the monsters must see you hide/invis.On initial spawn I invis a split second before.But the bard seems little better.Also Alex is right you don't need Eval and as for mining all the rune librarys put you right on it.I find it quickly most of the time.And yes don't get the whole guild there and realize you forgot the shovel or lockpicks. Rolling Eyes
Faith
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:13 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, eval int DOES affect how much you bless for. Back before Faith was a full mage, she used to be just a warrior with gm magery. She casted bless on herself and only gained 1 point of strength and nothing else. But, as she became a mage and gmed her eval int, she noticed a shocking improvement with her bless, and her lesser stat gaining spells.
Alexis
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote

hm, well I was thinking since I have a bard in alexis I might not want to make another bard but seems as though its the only way to go nowadays. Lockpicking/Cart/Magery/Music/Provo or Peace/Fishing/Optional
Senji
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should go for: magery/eval/med/lockpicking/Cart/music/provo
that way you can solo level 4s and some level 5s by provoking the monsters and whatnot and summon earth eles so you can kill the hard stuff (blood Elementals, poison eles, etc) and do em without a problem, level 6 maps of course you would need the aid of a tamer or Paladin. only set back is no fishing in your template, but if you really want to do some fishing, then take out eval and add Fishing. and you will be able to do both, just my input.

Good luck with the T-hunter/Fisherwoman!

www.livestream.com/Nothraiya
http://nothraiya.deviantart.com/
Deacon Drake
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:33 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Mining is not a must. Goodman's shows the exact locations for all t-maps and should be updated to UOSE within a week of release. Thus, the 8-tile range is not a necessity and frees up another skill.

I still go with the classic template of Wepskill/tax/anat/healing*/cart/magery/lockpicking.

*To go all out, since you have the magery for both healing and telekinesis, you can substitute healing for fishing.
Alexis
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

so you think Lockpicking/Cart/Magery/Music/Fishing/Provo will work for what Im aiming for? Plus I have another 100.0 skill points to play with if I wanted. Didn't really want to come up with a t-map solo'er, just one thats good for hunts and what not.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

That is great go with it.But consider peace with all that.The initial spawn is 4-5 nasty beasts.You HAVE to peace that spawn or you will die.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Adventurer's Guide Book All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: