Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

The Atlantic Community Library is finished!

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Richard Ebonrune
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:03 am Post subject: The Atlantic Community Library is finished! Reply with quote

Yes, I'm finally done. One year, 40 million gold, and many many in game hours later, it's finally done. The Atlantic Community Library (official name pending until the end of the naming contest), houses over 1500 player written books, filling two buildings. The collection also includes all Khaldun books, as well as the entire collection of NPC books, including some little known books from game wide quests and events.

The library is by far the largest library of player written books in the history of every single shard of Ultima Online, surprisingly; almost eighty percent of all books were created by members of our community!

I would also like to announce that I will be "donating" the library to the community. It is now open for any and all people, and is set up for events, classes and study. It may be freely used by anyone in the community for any event they wish to hold. It belongs to everyone, not only I.

Finally, I will be having a grand opening for the Library on Monday, November 1st at 8:00PM Est time. There will be a book hunting contest, as well as food, drinks and prizes for those who attend. The co ordinates for the library buildings are: Malas- 123o 18'N 24o 28'E. I hope to see you all there!

I would also like to thank the following people for all of the help over the past year in making this idea a reality...

Beleth- Thanks for toughing the endless hours of book sorting, it may have taken another year without all your help.

Keaira- Your help in designing and decorating the buildings was far more then I could have asked for, all the time and resources you used to help make the library look like a library was above and beyond what I expected.

Azalin- The enormous amount of lore you donated is what prompted me to continue on with the library, you gave me a large base in which I built the rest of the library on, thank you.

Ariel- Your help with finding the resources I needed to set up the library was the first act of help I received when starting the project, your offer of help inspired me to create the library as a project to benefit the community as a whole.

Isk- Thanks for sorting through over a thousand books and helping to get the shelves organized. You did a damned good job.

Aragothias- Your input and great offer on the house was very much appreciated, the second building helped me add 500 more books to the collection, as well as giving me enough lockdown space for 800 more books in the future. Thank you.

Perianwyr- Your donations and help were beyond amazing, the SCT wine and books are all now proudly displayed in the library. Thank you.

Locke- You can tell everyone it's done now. Thank you for the donation of all the lore, I'm glad the library now boasts the most complete collection of the Terraknight chronicles within its walls.

GreyPawn, Nazralte, Cuthbert, Labelle, Cassiopea, Zym, Molly, and everyone else who had a hand in the libraries creation, thank you all for the donations, help, comments and insight, as well as the generous offers to help in the creation process.

On a final note, anyone else who wishes to donate books or lore, please ICQ me at 15127865. I may not have received some messages prior, so please message me again so we can meet in game and get your writings added.

Last edited by Richard Ebonrune on Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Savhanna
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You !! Applause

What an enormous undertaking.
Derek uth Matar
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:41 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats and must say what a wonderful gesture by you and all those who helped you make this come to be..I look forward to seeing the library in person very soon.. may have to borrow a rune off someone in order to do so my direction following in game is horrible..hehe
Ogdin
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:06 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrk.. Ju should come see da orc librury!

Spechully da medicul books. Dem mojo informutive

Exerpt:

Konztapaty ion: Diz iz when da patient nub kan defekcat. Wut ju du iz uben ub hiz gutz and pull owt dat mezzy brown stuff den sew it bak ub.

dekapitation- nub much ju kan du here ib der so dum to git dere head kut off

Kummon kold - Thruw da orc intu da dungeon until ibz uver. Web nub likee it spweading!

Hang ober - Muur bluudale

"The last act is bloody, however fine the rest of the play.
They throw earth over your head, and it is finished forever." -Blaise Pascal
Isk
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for letting me help.

You've done incredible work.
I am amazed at the scope and awesomeness of this library. It is perhaps the greatest service to this community, our history is finally preserved.
Richard Ebonrune
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The winning entry has been selected, the new name for the library is the Britannian Athenaeum.

Congratulations to the winner!

Just a reminder, the library opens at 8:00PM Est tonight, I will provide gates from Skara bank starting at 7:40.
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard,
I stand in awe. This is the most interesting thing I have seen anyone do in a long time. I must get on to donate my paltry collection of writings that I have done. I would be more than honored to share space in such a hallowed place.
Seer of Spirituality
Drunken Prophet
Richard Ebonrune
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just like to thank everyone who attended the grand opening. It went much better then I had expected.

On a side note, if anyone finds any books that are duplicates, or books that have missing or non roleplay-friendly material in them, please contact me and I will remove them. I went over most of the books and removed over 300 duplicates or inappropriate books, however, because of the massive amounts of lore, there may have been some I missed.

Congratulations go out to Labelle for winning the naming contest, and to Aerilyn for winning the book hunting contest!

Once again, thank you all for attending.
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to say to you Richard and the others that were involved with the development and finishing of the Library you all did a wonderful job and thank you all whom were involved.
Lilyth Noir
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate that I missed the Opening, I will be dropping by today (assuming I can log in) and parusing the books.
Ditto Armunn
Slightly Crazed
Slightly Crazed

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Same as Lilyth on that one. I'll be going by there in between unpacking and reds.

Quote: "Oh Great! First I get stabbed and now I'm bleeding!" - Ditto
[quote="Tarothin Armunn"]I know and I have mood swings like a pregnant woman at times. :/ I'm very random.[/quote]
Rufus Oryan
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I visited tonight and stayed till server down...heh. Excellent.

Hopefully I can donate some books soon.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: