Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Shard Wide Vampire Standards

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Adin Blackwind
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 4:53 pm Post subject: Shard Wide Vampire Standards Reply with quote

Given that not much was argued about vampire standards for UO, I guess its safe to say that what I have listed down below is pretty much a shard accepted Vampire. The points such as retractable teeth can vary on a roleplay basis as it is the vampires will to show them off or not.

Shard wide Vampire Standards.

1. Under no circumstances do you ever tell anyone you are a vampire while in game. The reason for that is if everyone knew you were a vampire by you stating it, no one would hang around you and you'd starve. (A situation came up where someone was trying to use OOC knowledge to determine if I was a vampire and I simply denied everything. To this day, people still think I'm human in game.)

2. Vampires are masters at deception. Often promising one thing and delivering another. Be it information, items or even a simple promise.

3. Vampires never do anything without it benefiting themselves first. If there is no benefit, there is no reason to waste your time.

4. Vampires always seek power. They must have control of everything. When they don't, they spend their time setting themselves up for power.

5. Some of the best Vampires I've ever met I still don't know are vampires.

6. The art of siring another requires the following:

Two bites within a 48 hour period but atleast 24 hours apart. First is to drain the victim of vitality. The second is to take the life.

Next is to give 3 drops of vampiric blood into the victims mouth. The blood is absorbed and the victim is now an underling to the host.

Various rituals may take place before or after the initial cross over, but in general, this gives the victim a fighting chance to be saved in the UO world.

7. There are certain things a vampire is immune to in the UO world.
Daylight and Garlic are the only two I go by.

8. Blessed holy symbols, silver weapons and wooden stakes will only make a vampire run for survival. It will not permanitly kill the vampire (A wooden stake removed from a vampire's heart will bring the vampire back)

9. Given that there are also many types of Vampires out there, I mainly go by vampires in a general sense. Even though I am a baali (A Vampire who worships daemons) I still stick to the general rules of a vampire. The baali just adds flavor to my persona.

10. Once your a vampire, there is no going back. I have had two blood transfussions and I still fail to be human. Not all vampires love themselves. Many seek ways to destroy themselves and will use any means nessesary to achieve it. even if it requires mass destruction.

11. Vampires regenerate at a rapid pace. Immune to pain and fear unless the items stated above are present, A vampire who has been beheaded is not dead. In a matter of hours that vampire's full form will be complete and it will be just as strong as it was before.

12. Vampire fangs can be controled at will. If a vampire chooses, his/her fangs can and will apear normal to the normal eye of a human.

13. Even though it seems vampires are indestructable, they can be killed. it is up to local folklore and trial and error to find them.

14. A vampire who has not taken blood of another for a long time(I base it off a month) will fall into a defenseless sleep (skin will apear as hard leathery black and the body will apear empty of organs.) Blood will revive the vampire after a 48 hour period of gathering strength. The vampire should not be moved during this time.

15. Vampires are choosy when it comes to siring another. They look for certain traits that are favorable to them. someone comming up to a vampire asking to be sired WILL be disapointed.

16. Those that are sired, tend to be given a secret name from their masters. it is a name that is considered sacred among vampires. One who is sired by a vampire is called a childe of that vampire. It is considered forbidden for the childe to refer to their sire by their vampiric name. Instead, they greet their sires as Master or Mistress, and if in public, by the sire's given name.

I'll look at other races soon and post them under the rough draft section
for debate. Once a generalized agreement comes from those race standards, I will post them on their own individual threads.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: