Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Dwarven Standards (Rough Draft)

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Adin Blackwind
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:57 pm Post subject: Dwarven Standards (Rough Draft) Reply with quote

Dwarves

1. Given the physical apearance of a Dwarf and the limitations of UO's inabltiy to make a miget sized Avatar. A dawrf will mainy have to rely on their Profile and behavior to give off the impression that they are a dwarf.

2. Dwarves are excelent crafters. This by all means makes it common for a dwarven fighter to also have some seconday skill in one or more trades. The most common trade would be a blacksmith.

3. Dwarves favor axes over any other weapon. This is a weapon of pride as it is often a weapon that is passed down from generation to generation.
Armor also holds great value as a dwarf will use any armor which suits him best. Helms tend to look more like norse helms with dwarven glyphs and stories.

4. Dwarves are stout yet short for their size, Males tend to grow their beards long and carry a temper that can often lead them into more danger than they can handle. Dwarven beards tend to be braided and tended to quite regularly. All dwarves favor a good fight. Natural enemies are mainly the Orcish hordes and undead. Dwarves are known for thier distrust of the elves.

5. Dwarves tend to be heavy drinkers as well, and as such are often seen in pubs out drinking the most strongest of men in sight. Dwarven men also tend to enjoy tales of valor and will often tell tales of their own. regardless if its true or not.

6. Dwarves are full of pride. A dwarf that is insulted will attack to regain his honor. even if it means certain death for the dwarf.

7. Dwarves make excellent fighters in battles. Often favoring a frontal assault over any form of whimpy tactics in their opinions. The more outnumbered the dwarf, the happier he is in combat. Its even a great tale of valor if he should survive.

(bear with me, I've been sick and this is just information I have picked up on over the years. If there is more you wish to add or edit, by all means, fire away.)
Adin Blackwind
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

No one has anything to add or comment on?
Alexander the Elf
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen two dwarves in about a year and a half so... I got nothing.
Rellik
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like a fair description of the average dwarf.
Lia L
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me from all the books I read about them.
Silent Poet
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 12:13 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know what happened to the Dwarven guild that just announced it's presence within the last few months?
Nazralte
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 3:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not sure Poet, but I will find out. When I do Ill have the leader make a post on the boards somewhere and such.

Nazralte
Former Regent of Britannia
Arieus De'Chevia
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 12:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that comes to mind is that Dwarves are generally more resistant to magic than most of the other races. Also, they have some extra benefits underground, such as night vision, knowing depth, and sense of direction. Dwarven builings, mining, and even some of thier engineering can be very interesting. Idea

I used to enjoy playing the "Battle Rager" dwarf class in AD&D. Cool
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhh sorry dind't remember where I read this and posted my additions under your post in the lycaseum..my bad. You can have them moved if you want.

By the way I'm not trying to go against anyone here, or in this case Arieus, But I'm not sure dwarves have night vision. Certain underground dwarves like the Duergar (sp?) may have adaptions helping them see in the dark, but it is not a racial trait, or at least I don't beleive so.

Good work so far everyone
Arieus De'Chevia
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 11:30 am Post subject: Reply with quote

There are certain degrees of night vision, as I recall they very from simple heat detection to a broad spectrum. Also, the ragne of some of the different races and classes varies as well, sometimes as much as 120 feet to only 30 feet. Every dwarf I have played has had some sort of "infrovision" albeit subject to limits. The only exception I can readily think of to support your statement is a "sundered" dwarf class, that has, through generations lost the inherant ability due to years above ground, and lack of mining or living in traditional dwarven complexes, typicallly underground.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: