Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Evoroth the Elf

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins
View previous topic :: View next topic
Evoroth
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:45 am Post subject: Evoroth the Elf Reply with quote

Name-Evoroth
Race- High Elf
Profession- Paladin
Age-46(Elven years) 22 ( According to human calender)
Eyes- Blue
Hair- Brown
Height- 6’3”
Weight-175 stones

It was a bright day in Lower Skara. The townsfolk were about gathering for the executions of the week. Elfrot Arcmage, once a noble paladin and ranger of Skara, had been found guilty of attempts to summon creatures of other planes and other superhuman beings.
Darkoth Greenwyrm, the current acting Justicar of the High elven house of Skara, walked along the platform accosting the executioner. He looked down at what once one of his most trusted guards and servants to Lord British himself. “Tis’ a shame indeed, how the evil workings of Lady Minax can destroy the willpower and good of even beings such as Elves now. Look up Elfrot, Art thee sure this is the path you wish to take, the clerics of Moonglow could attempt to perform an excorcism to cleanse your soul of Minax’s evil plots.”
Elfrot could not even respond, he had been beaten into submission the day before. He glanced around the crowds until he met eyes with his only son Evoroth Arcmage. He winked at him and began to cry for he not intended for his son to watch him die in this manner.
Through the next few moments as Darkoth read aloud the list of crimes and accusations the clouds began to form strange shapes and created a gap in the sky casting a light down onto the platform where Elfrot was chained to the block. Elfrot lifted his head and summoned every bit of strength just to get out one last comment… “Jou’Nar is coming you ignorant fools.”
With that his head dropped dead, he hadn’t even survived long enough for the executioner to commence with his work, the wounds of the previous day were to great. Then from the sky came a large bolt of lighting that struck Elfrot’s corpse and blinded everyone. Many of the townsfolk blinked repeatedly to gain there sight back, and when the did they noticed the corpse had indeed disappeared.

“What is to be done about his boy.”
“Death.”
“How could you dare say death is fitting, he is only fourteen years old?”
“If he takes his fathers route is could be devastating, do you really wish to train him like his father only to have another potential servant to Jou’Nar or even Minax.”
“Well Darkoth, I believed in Elfrot once, he was one of the best Warriors British had at his side, his rivalry for Shamino was the only thing that turned him to seek more power from the opposing factions. His son, needs not to know about the events his father engaged in, I will take young Evoroth, like his father before him, and train him to be a paladin.” Alleria Oakbow, turned toward the door with that comment, and began to walk to the front of Darkoth’s house.
A young elf only at the age of Seventy-six, Alleria was the first and only female to graduate all the trials of the High elf Academy of Paladins and Clerics In the Southern Jungles west of Trinsic. Her first Apprentice was Elfrot, though he was almost 120 years older then she and his training surpassed his own, he requested her to educate him in the ways of Chivalry and the spell casts of the gods.
“Alleria,” Darkoth blerted out. “His name, Arcmage will be tainted from here on out, you must encourage him to abandon his last name. Even if it means his formal introduction doesn’t include a last name similar to that of a illegitimate child then so be it. But even an illegitimate will be in better stature then a descendant of Arcmage.”
Alleria turned back and nodded, knowing he was absolutely right. It pained her to hear such words, considering she had fallen in love with Elfrot at one time and was even close enough to him that she thought he would ask her hand in marriage. But after he abandoned his life and started employing the dark arts under the command of Rulenoff of the Minax faction, he fell in love with another. A savage wood elf by the name of Kalrina, of the Buz’ok Clan outside the Minax Fortress. She died during Evoroth’s birth, and Elfrot never allowed him to see his mothers kind and didn’t want him exposed to the Dark Arts so he sent him back to Skara, and requested that Alleria play the role of his mother and teach him right.

“Evoroth the Elf, please rise and step forward, Due to your services in the Skaran guard, the amount of Criminals that you have arrested, and your extensive training attaining the rank of both Elder Saurai, and Legendary Swordsman, we are all pleased, the members of The Holy Council of The Virtues, to Bestow upon you the Rank of Knight of Justice, for vanquishing murderers in virtous combat, Knight of Valor for your dispatching or thousands of unholy creatures, and finally Knight of Honor for your dedication to honorable combat and duels.”
Evoroth had just turned 22 two days prior, 46 according to the Elven seasons. He sat there impatiently, wondering if the Long winded elder would ever conclude his speech. Evoroth was amongst best Swordsman in the land, with the inheritance his father had left him, and the aid of his adopted mother Alleria, he had been able to go and be trained in all parts of the world in the styles of Bushido, Chivalry, and just plain down and dirty combat. He served in the wars against the invading hordes upon Britain, and had just returned to receive his knighthood, and move on with his life. So eager to Join the Virtous Legion of Justice, and serve in the Britannia guard, Evoroth wanted to get the ceremony over, and start his pilgrimage to the Unholy Dungeon of Doom in search of the ancient relic, The Blade of Insanity.
Evoroth approached the elders, and kneeled so they could reach over his head to hang the medals upon his neck. Evoroth had matured into one of the rougher looking elves in Skara, tho he was desirable by human females, his own kind shunned him for his facial hair. Though Evoroth was of pure Elven decent, his mothers clan had been known for raping human travelers, and engaging in vile rituals. It was thought that thoughout there generations, there bloodlines had come to include that of other elven kind and human kind.
So there he was standing a bit over six feet tall with his short brown hair and brown goatee, if it hadn’t been for the ears many would have thought he was a human.
He bowed and turned and descended down the steps from the altar. Many people approached to congratulate him, but all he was concerned about was bidding his adopted mother a farewell and exiting Skara as fast as possible.
“You know that is how your father lost his wits about him don’ you?”
“What doing his job and serving good.”
“No, your father was amongst the best knights, he tried to hard and wanted to impress his superiors and was so eager to ascend the ranks and that is what drove him to desperate measures to try and exceed Shamino. Please Evo, don’t try to hard, just be yourself and don’t be power hungry. I still believe you are too young to join the Factions lifestyle just yet, but again today you are an adult and a knight according to our laws and I suppose it is your choice to make.”
“You are right it is my choice mother, and no I will not follow the same path as Elfrot, and hopefully when and if he ever returns to this plane I will be there to slay him.”
“How dare you speak like that, show some respect, what has come over you, that is your father you speak of.”
“My father the one who tainted my life forever, the one that brought dishonor to his family, and ancestors. And wht would you know anyway, you were never even his wife, he left you, and your not my mother.”
Alleria couldn’t believe what she was hearing, she turned and walked out the back entrance to her house in Skara and with tears running down her face she ran to Darkoth’s Mansion on the south side of Skara across the ferry.

Evoroth sat at the Tavern in Britain city, he had just arrived after his journey to doom and recovering of the highly respected blade. He was to meet with The commanding lord of the true britanians to discuss his recruitment. He quickly finished the first bottle of Britain Wine, and was starting his second when he noticed three people walking in wearing the Emblemed Cloaks of the Skaran rangers. They all sat at the bar and occasionally tossed a look his way. He knew then there was not any need for them to be there and figured they had been sent on Darkoth’s behalf. Darkoth had always loved his adopted mother and he knew with the comments he made he would attempt to repromand him for it. To get to the bottoem of this quickly, he left the tavern, and purposefully walked around the side of the building into the dank aleyway. Immediately thereafter he noticed the party of three following him. He drew his sword and spun quickly, at that moment one of the three drew a poisoned edge dagger and attempted to thrust it into his stomache, Evo grabbed his wrist and guided it into the second of the three’s shoudler.
“What do you want with me?”
“You have caused much trouble for your mother and Darkoth wants to extend his gratitude for driving your mother into his arms.”
“So what you want to make me out to be a criminal to show that I am following my fathers footsteps, and prove that to my mother and then put me on the block.”
“Actually all you had to do was walk down this alley, we were going too take care of the rest.” With that the Gentlman winked at Evoroth and then nodded in the direction behind of Evoroth apparently looking at something over his shoulder.
He heard it, he wasn’t sure if it was intended for him, but even f it wasn’t either scenario he quickly envisioned in his head meant bad things for him. The sound he heard was the clicks of a repeating crossbow, quickly he came to his senses, and realized he had not been hit, then he looked at the one ranger who he had stabbed with the dagger, and saw a dart implanted into his chest. The third Ranger who had remained at the end of the alley way called for the guards who came with impeccable speed, almost as if they were deliberately in the area. It was over the next thing he remembered was a club to the head and and someone commenting on his blade.

“So tell me lad, you want to be in the Britanian Guard ehh, haha, I gotta admit, you be a skilled swordman, indeed, hehe, but I dunno, if we have any place for murderers at the moment.”
“Who are you?” Evoroth was in a small jail outside of Britain city, a very awkward human had woke him up with a peculiar laugh he had heard before he had even begain addressing him. Evo looked up struggling to see out of his blackened right eye.
“Who be I you ask, well I are a defender in the ranks of the True Britanians, however I believe it is my place to be asking questions here, you are the one that our lord was to be meeting there in the tavern three days ago, and guess what, the Avatar himself must have been with ya that day me boy, cause my master showed up just as you were being apprehended there sir, and saw the medal of the Knight of Justice and requested you be brought here to his personal jail, where we hold faction enemies. Anyway’s what was yer reasoning for killen that poor lad?”
“I killed no one. It was a set up.”
“Hmm, and why would anyone want to set up the descendant of Arcmage?”
“How do you know that, that named died a long time ago..”
“Ha maybe the elves wanted to kill that name to protect there fancy ways of life, and not to look bad since they be thinking they so superior to da humans, but be assured ir Elfrot was well respected back in the old days, in the old wars, a hero like Shamino himself during the trinsic Invasion, ha, a bad seed may have been implanted in yer father, but I assure ya, its no name to be ashamed of. The question is are we to expect the same of you. Seems you already getting an early start killen folks.”
“I did not kill that fool, it was a set up, by Darkoth of the elven guard of skara, he has hated me since I was a boy.”
“Hmmm”
“God dammit. Why wont anyone believe me.”
“I believe you and that is why I came to this decision.” A deep voice filled the room, as a Huge broad Paladin entered with another tall knight following close behind, the first was old, around the age of 50 in human years, the second one much younger and had a golden medalion on his brooch with the marking of the Legion of Justice on it.
“Well at least someone does, what is the names I can extend my gratefullness too.”
“I am the comanding general of the Britain guard, to my left is Lord Vaen Swiftar, Proconsul of the Legion of Justice, the largest and most active guild within the ranks of the Guard. We have come up with an arrangement for you. I am no fool and I hardly believe that you killed that man, seriously the odds that three rangers in an alley with you alone, and suddenly one comes up dead is unlikely. However, due to the past that you come from and speculations of the same evil lingering in you that inhabited your beloved father, we have come up with an excellent Trial for you.”
“Ok im grateful, and I will prove to you that I am not my father and I can serve the guard well.”
“Great, the scenario is like this. I will go out on a limb and extend to you the offer of joining the Guard, and Vaen here has offered to accept you into The Legion. But first you must carry out this first assignment. The Shadowlords are emerging again, as well as the Minax followers. There occupancy in Yew is becoming great amongst the many criminals that live in that treacherous town. You will be deployed there under the cover story that you escaped a prison caravan at the crossroads of Britain. You are indeed allowed to defend yourself against Trammel folk who may attack you thinking you are a criminal, and you are allowed to ressurect and heal those that are other known criminals in an attempt to gain there trust. The mission is too live there under the premiss and lifestyle of a criminal for two weeks, without taking any murder counts no matter how badly you may be treated, no matter how many times you may be attacked. And you are to accumulate as much silver from faction enemies as you can. If you carry this assignment out you will be given rank within the guard, and you will be given a position under the command of Lord Swiftar here. Is this understood.”
“Yes my liege, I will do this and I appreciate this opportunity. And Lord Vaen ive read much of your reputation and I want you to know it is a pleasire to serve under you.”
“Well as our name declares, The Legion of Justice is not welcoming of the criminal sort within out ranks, however, why would one go through the trials to become a Knight of Justice only to go kill people. I was the one who suggested perhaps you were framed and I think the investment of time to see how noble your intentions are is worth it.”

That day was the beginning of the forging of one of the most respected team of paladins in the land. Evoroth served his time in Yew and proved that he would not engage in anymore criminal activities. He became very respected amongst both mages and warriors alike and his reputation in the Guard ascended very quickly as he Achived the rank of Knight of the Codex within days. He now resides in Southern Yew and will often sleep at his post at the Legion Stronghold. He is dedicated to his superior officers, and his duties and strives each day to become a better soldier. But like someone pointed out a long time prior, so did his father, Elfrot. Is this the beginning of the End for young Evoroth. Like his father will his longing desire for recognition and greatness drive him to insanity, to the extent of looking to the Evil side of the balance.
Only Fate and Destiny can dictate what is to become of him.
Evoroth
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

“It will take a long time to master the arcane arts, but when you do, you will be more powerful then you ever could’ve been as a warrior and relying on your blade alone.”
Evoroth sat being lectured by the Elder Magi at the lycaeum. He hadn’t been the same the last few weeks, only power and developing himself into a master Magi were on his mind. Ever since Vaen had announced the disbanding of the Legion Evoroth, now going by the name Evo, felt lost. He wasn’t a public type of person, most elves aren’t, he rarely attended the social event, only the tournaments sponsored by legion, where he could gauge his warrior prowess. Though only a newer member of the Legion, he felt the same attachment, pain, and loss at the diminishing comrades in the final days of its reign. He missed drawing blades aside his friends Veroth and Vaen, and capturing sigils in the neverending factions wars.
When his world slipped away he sought more out of combat. He sold his artifacts that he wielded so valiantly as a warrior, and traded many of his items for new items which would aid him in his newest adventure. He sought to be a Master Magi, seeing that very few could match him with the sword, only the mages could exceed him in battle.

Many weeks had passed, and Evo became quit skilled with casting. His knowledge with weapons helped in his battles, as he was informed of magical weapons he could wield while casting so he ddnt have to abandon his prowess with his sword completely. But still lost and out of touch with reality he remained, seeking duels and fights with anyone willing all that seemed to drive him was war and fighting. He went to Yew and studied the tactics used by mages who only a few weeks prior he was hunting down and killing in the name of justice. But now he was at there mercy, with the words of the Elder Magi constantly echoing in his mind.
One day while traveling on Fire Island he came across a dark elf practicing much as he did, casting spells on himself and trying to become more proficient with his skills. Eager to engage this dark elf in combat Evo teleported in front of him.
“I never thought I’d see the likes of Dark Elves on fire island.”
“And who are you who speaks down to me.”
“You need not worry bout who I am, I just hope your skills with your spell book are up to par.”
With that threat the Dark Elf began to cast at Evo in an attempt to get an edge in the battle. Evo stepped back, quickly casting heals on himself, and poisoning the dark elf, though he new he was equally flustered with the spell castings as his enemy was, he seemed to tap into a different mode of combat and the spells rolled off his fingertips one after another immediately wearing down the dark elf. Seeing that he was in complete control of the battle, he rushed in to strike the dark elf down.
“Please noo, I was only practicing out here in the wilderness where I wouldn’t be disturbed.”
Seeing that the dark elf was sincere, Evo hesitated. “Who are you, I’ve not seen many of your kind around here?”
“My name is Guldor, an apprentice magi of the Nox order and Grand Commander of the House of the Gauntlet.”
With that Evo backed off, the House of the Gauntlet was always friendly with him during his service in the Legion, just hearing the name caught Evo off guard. “Is Lady Molly Willow still your Leader and ambassador?”
“Yes she is, how do you know of our dear Queen?”
“Lets just say an old friend. Can you take me too her please?”

Reunited with old friends, not the ones he had fought alongside so many times before, but friends who knew him and could fill the gap in his life, Evo felt much more complete as a whole The next few days had been spent alongside his new family in the House of the Gauntlet, training, catching up on the politics of Malas, and the cities of the old lands, and most of all just having fun with people he could relate too.

“Im glad we have crossed paths again Lord Evoroth.”
“Yes, seems as if destiny has struck again with me, just like my meeting with vaen months ago, lady Molly. Though I cannot be at your side all the time while I am going through this transition into a Magi, I will be there whenever you call for help or need assistance.”
“That time may be quickly approaching I fear, with the potential battle pending in umbra, your services may be needed very soon, I just hope you can be relied on with your spells as vaen once relied on you with your sword. Please, take this crystal, I can use it to call upon you whenever I may need a protector or a bodyguard in the upcoming meetings.”
“You know I would always be happy to serve you, I am actually quite anxious to fight alongside Guldor and Takhisis, much like I did with Vaen and Veroth in the past. Ever since the Legion fell apart ive been so alone, and I cannot seem to find Lady Aless who I was supposed to wed anywhere, I am very thankful for you extending the offer for me to join your family.”
Evo bowed to Lady Molly and turned to walk out of her lovely estate, but then turned. “By the way, Lord Evoroth no longer exists, the name is now Evo the Magi.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: