Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Taking a different path

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Queen Sarah
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:02 am Post subject: Taking a different path Reply with quote

With red swollen eyes, Sarah again scans over the document her solicitor had brought. There on fine white parchment was the means for her life to take a different path.

Record No.___00256_______

THE Brittanian Family Court

IN THE MATTER OF THE FAMILY LAW (DIVORCE) ACT

Between

Queen Sarah De'Fiona Oryan, Sultana of Nujel'm - Applicant

-and-

Lord Rufus Oryan, Sultan of Nujel'm - Respondent

INDORSEMENT OF CLAIM

YOU ARE HEREBY REQUIRED within thirty days after the service of this Civil Bill upon you, to enter, or cause to be entered with the Court Registrar,an Appearance to answer the claim of dissolution of marriage by Queen Sarah De'Fiona Oryan, Sultana of Nujel'm ,the Applicant as endorsed hereon.

AND TAKE NOTICE that unless you do enter an Appearance, you will be held to have admitted the said claim and the Applicant may proceed therein and judgment given against you in your absence without further notice.

AND FURTHER TAKE NOTICE that if you intend to defend the proceedings on any grounds, you must not only enter an Appearance as aforesaid, but also, deliver a statement in writing showing the nature and grounds of your Defence. The Appearance and Defence may be entered by giving copies to the Applicant and her Solicitor by post.

To: Respondent's solicitor (unknown)

Signed:

*signature sealed with ink and wax*
Solicitor for the Applicant

The Applicant and Respondent were married six years past and several months..
The Applicant and Respondent have been living apart for several weeks since he abdicated the lands of Nujel'm
During that time the Applicant lived within Nujel'm . The Respondent lived at unknown
There is one child of the marriage, Ameer Oryan.

AND THE APPLICANT CLAIMS:

COMES NOW Queen Sarah De'Fiona Oryan, Sultana of Nujel'm , being sworn and gives the following claim to divorce.

I request the courts merciful intervention and agreeance of this divorce based on the following :

Lord Rufus, did in time over our marriage prove to be unfaithful , committing several adultrated acts upon another woman against out marriage vows. over several years.

Lord Rufus , did abdicate and cause desertion upon myself and the people of Nujel'm leaving the lands unprotected. He falsely allowed rumors to circulate that I had abdicated the lands as well, leaving the people feeling they had no leadership still upon their lands. He falsely and illegaly entered unto agreement to release the lands to others without my knowledge.

Lord Rufus did leave Nujel'm taking the heir of Nujel'm and only child of the marriage, Ameer Oryan, and refused me opportunity to see my son or to keep my son within his rightful home.

AND FURTHER TAKE NOTICE that the Applicant requests:

Queen Sarah De'Fiona Oryan, Sultana of Nujel'm requests her rightful name be returned to her upon agreeance of the courts decision to dissolve this marriage. She will retain her rightful name of Queen Sarah De'Fiona, Sultana of Nujel'm.

Queen Sarah De'Fiona Oryan, Sultana of Nujel'm requests the title of Sultan be stripped of Lord Rufus Oryan effective immediatly upon dissolution of this marriage.That, in any case where Title is instilled upon marriage in Royal Standing, the non-royal member will not retain their title of Royal Standing upon abdication or desertion of the position.

Queen Sarah De'Fiona Oryan, Sultana of Nujel'm requests sole custody of the child , Ameer Oryan, heir apparent to the throne of Nujel'm, born of this marriage. She further requests that she does not need financial restitution in regards to said child and requests no financial support at this time.

Signed: *sealed signature with wax
Solicitor for the Applicant

To: The Registrar,
Circuit Family Court,
Nujel'm Courts,
and/

To: Respondent

TAKE NOTICE that it is in your interest to have legal advice in regard to these proceedings. If you cannot afford a private solicitor, you may be entitled to legal aid provided by the courts at a minimum cost to you.

Sighing she makes it official and gives it to her solicitor to post. Feeling as if her soul has been ripped from her, Sarah goes to her chambers without saying another word.
Rufus Oryan
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:45 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Rufus sits quietly in his small office; a room nestled upon the third floor of his estate. He heard a light tap at the door as he looked over his newest missive. "You may enter..." Rufus spoke with a bit of seriousness in his voice. The door opened slowly as his student approached him with a missive signed by Queen Sarah. "Milord, I had been given this missive and been requested that I place it in your hands post haste. Twas handed to me upon the porch by a solictor of sorts..." Rufus nodded once and gestured to the table before him, "You may just sit it down, thank you Rashid..."

Rufus pushed his other parchments aside, slowly gripping the application for divorce lightly. He chewed on his lip as his eyes wandered about the page, taking in the wordings etched into the light paper. He calmly placed it at his side, and shook his head a bit. As he took in a deep breath, he unrolled a new peice of parchment and gripped his pen tightly...

To:

The Estate of Sarah De'Fiona Oryan,
Circuit Family Court,
Nujel'm Courts,
And Applicable legal associates

In appraisal and disapproval of the document I have recieved (Herein referred to as "Divorce Document"), I have generated a constructive response to said document to be distributed to the respective House of Queen Sarah and the office of her solicitor, prior to my legally binding response that will shortly follow. Through the imperfections and untruths located within this document of divorce; both found within the explanations for, and reasoning surrounding said request, I do deem it to be lacking in solidity and clarity. The termonology used, explains and describes marriage as a contract of only legal binding and nay a matter of social interaction and emotional bond. With that, I request that said Divorce Document is revised and mutually discussed with both parties it addresses.

This 'Divorce Document' does denounce and lack civil character and does not further the interpretation and understanding of the 'agreement' or 'bond' that is Marriage. I move that in its revision, the reasoning for said request and explanation for 'Divorce' is explained and discussed privately between the 'Applicant', 'Respondent' , legal advisor(s) if applicable as well as a witness.

With the acceptance or denial of my request for revision I will further this debacle of documentation and social contract through my legally constructed response.

I pray that this is distributed to and reviewed by the proper authorities

-Rufus Oryan

Rufus takes in a deep breath, and stands slowly, grabbing the parchment and rolling it tightly. As he exits the room, he finds Rashid sitting in the library upon the first floor. "Rashid, find the man who gave you this, and allow him this parchment in return." Rashid nods once, and leaves the estate swiftly...
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: