Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Walter's Story (Warning VERY LONG)

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins
View previous topic :: View next topic
Walter
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:13 am Post subject: Walter's Story (Warning VERY LONG) Reply with quote

As you walk into the Tavern of Light located near Skara Brae you notice a man sitting at the bar. You do not know his name nor his tale, but something about him sparks your interest, but you do not know why. You turn to him and greet him, and he returns the greeting. You ask the man his name and replies “Walter”. As you talk with Walter you ask him about his past. And he begins his tale.

Walter was born in a small fishing village just south of the City of Yew, known to few as Zino. He has 2 brothers James and fisherman, and Arthur a Craftsman. His father was a Fisherman, and his mother was a tailor. As a young boy he spent little time with his father, for his interest in fishing was very small. He spent most of his time watching his mother sow cloths to sell in Yew. When him and his mother would sit out on the front porch of their small home, she would tell him tales of great warriors who fought along side Lord British. He was very fascinated by these tales and would spend his time in the woods with a sharpened stick he thought was a mighty longsword. He pretended to fight dragons and monsters that wandered the forests. At the age of 13 Walter decided to begin training as a Swordsman. His father was angered by Walter’s passion for the sword, and forbid Walter from training. Walter was rather sad when his father destroyed his dreams of being a mighty warrior, he would spend his morning out in the woods sitting on fallen logs with his stick sword dreaming of glorious knights. One morning on his way out to the woods he saw a man just a short distance from him. The man was wearing a set of ringmail it appeared to be old but of good solid construction. He walked closer and saw the man fighting a large troll. Walter was amazed by this and sat down and watch the man fell the troll. After the battle was over Walter approached the man and began to speak to him. The man took a small dagger out of his pack and handed it to Walter. That afternoon Walter went with the man to practice fighting with a sword. For many months after that he would train with the man and fell small monsters like mongbats and headless ones. One day on his way to meet the man he saw what he thought was the ringmail the old man wore he slowly approached the man and saw that he was dead. Walter sat next to the man in tears, he reached down and picked up the mans sword and shield and carried it to a spot in the woods where he hid it. Still in tears he walked home and sat on his bed thinking of what the man had taught him. His father comes in the door after he had finished cleaning the days catch of fish. “Son what tis the matter with you?”. Walter ignores his father and continues to sit there. And his brother Arthur shouts form the other side of the house, “His warrior friend is dead”. His father infuriated at Walter yells at him “I thought I told you to stay away from swords and fighting, how dare you go against my will”. Walter now begins to get mad at his father and stands up yelling back “I will do what I want to Father who needs you anyway” and with that he storms out the door and walks towards Yew. Upon arriving at Yew he opens a small pouch of coins he has collect from the loot of small monsters and purchases a set of armor. He puts on the armor and grabs his sword and shield and walks towards the Yew moongate, and steps in and sets his destination to Jhelom.

Walter steps through the Moongate in Jhelom he stops for a moment and stares into the masses of Swordsman, Fencers, Macers, Axemen, and Archers. As we steps out into the street he walks a few steps into the crowd and sitting on bench outside of the famed dueling pits is a young man like Walter. Walter approachs the man and greets him warmly. "Hail Sir" The young man looks up at Walter and invites him to sit down. They talk briefly of their past, the young man's father was a Knight in the Trinsic Army and he dreams of becoming a Knight of Trinsic. For Walter jsut sits and listens for he has no Knights in his family...as far as he knows. The young man walks Walter through the town showing him the best Armourers in town and getting Walter out fitted with the proper ringmail, a sturdy shield, and a strong sharp blade. After several days of training on a dummy Walter and his new found friend decide to take to the Dueling Pits. Walter's first fight with a young man of his size leaves him with a large cut in his right arm, but he was victorious. After several fights and seeing the local healers about their wounds, Walter heads towards the Horse's Head Tavern in East Jhelom. Walter walks in searching the room for a strong Knight looking for a Squire. A man in the far corner catchs Walter's eye, the man is a large man wearing an exceptionaly made suit of Shodaw Iron Platemail. Walter takes a seat across the table. And greets the man. "Hail Good Sir". After several moments of silence Walter speaks again "Sir I am searching for a Knight to train under. I was hoping you would take me under your wing." The man looks up and motions for Walter to follow him. Walter and the man walk towards the moongate and he speaks in a quiet low voice "Yew...Felluca"

Young Walter has been training under this Black Knight whose name he still does not know for some time now. The Knight feels that Walter is ready to continue on his own in this dark and cold world.
Walter sits in a Tavern in Britian drinking his ale. Walter is poor all he has is what he is wearing and a few gold pieces in his backpack. As he takes the last sip of ale a man sits down in front of him and leans in close to Walter and whispers, “Are you Walter?”. Walter nods, as the man motions him outside to his horse. He follows the man out to a empty street and opens a gate to the mans home.
At this mans home Walter takes a seat at the mans table. “Walter I hear much about you.” Walter looks at the man quietly in shock at the comment just made. “Walter I hear you are a skilled Assassin”. The man then brings out food and drink for Walter, as they begin to speak. “Walter I need a man killed”, as he hands Walter a piece of parchment. “In that letter is everything you need to know about the man, I will give you half now and the rest when the job is done.” He hands Walter a check for 5000gp. Walter nods and heads out of the mans home and heads for Yew.
After many months of searching for this man he finally catches up with him in Trinsic. He carefully follows the man being careful not to be seen. As the man heads outside the main gate Walter carefully hides and begins to stealth behind the man. The man steps off the road and walks several yards into the woods then the man stops. At that moment Walter shows himself and carefully places his poisoned blade into the mans back. And he falls to the ground in several seconds. Walter collects the mans possessions and heads back to collect the rest of his money.

[20:28] Inkari: walter=chuck norris

"What do you mean I can't sell castle deeds I create on Ebay?" - GM Darwin circa 1999
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: