Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

The Return

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Moartes
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:14 pm Post subject: The Return Reply with quote

The rain was relentless. Thunder. Lightning. Howling winds. It was probably one of the worse nights Skara Brae had seen in years. Lightning struck a large tree near the docks instanly bursting it into flames and toppling it over onto a small hutt nearby. The hutt having been the storage place for several barrels of liquor and a small still burst into explosion and flame spreading orange flickering light across the docks on the mainland side of Skara Brae. In the storm the light was barely enough to silhouette the approaching ship. A medium size cruiser that by no means should have been out in this weather. The ship was tossing and turning in the surf. The only crew left were the ones strapped to the deck. The rest blown over lost forever. The captain had already made out his SOS bottle and had it close by. He knew he wasnt going to make this trip alive.

"SIRE, SHE BE A RUF ONE!! I DONT KNOW IF SHE 'ILL MAKE IT!" screamed the captain of the ship over the wailing wind and waves. Fighting the wheel against the waves and wind.

The older of the three leaned to his right and whispered to the man there who immediately stood up and went to the captain. Leaning into the captains ear he says " The General wanted me to make sure you know that if we don't make shore the ocean will not have a chance to take your life." The man pulls his sword from its scabbard and stands directly behind the man steading himself on some railing in the storm.

The man in the crows nest had been blown over hours ago and the storm drove the visibility to near nothing. Yet the crew was well experienced and very capable. They knew the way and they knew how to sail.

The captain glanced back at the rather large man holding the sword behind him and saw a orange glimmer on the sword. The light from the fire.

The captains mind raced. 'where theres fire there is probably land.' thought the captain 'or pirates burning another ship, or lightnin burnin a ship in the middle of the ocean'

"Damned be Quacklebush's beard if I die tonight" mumbled the captain in the storm. With a deep breath and a booming voice the sailor calls out. "LAND HO!! ALL HANDS HARD TA STARBOARD!! LAND BE OVER THERE!!"

The old man looks back at the captain then at all the remaining men working like ants on board the deck. Ropes being tossed. Sails pulled this way and that. The old man was by no means a sailor but he did admire the precision these men possessed in their task. They showed military efficiency and he liked that.

The old man looked around and saw his other companion on his left. He had been sitting on some kegs looking around. This being the fifth or sixth time he saw the younger man count his reagents. Just two words was all it took. "Soon" "Patience" said the old man looking his young friend in the eye. The man immediately put away his reagents and started looking at the approaching light of the fire.

"Think thats our welcome home? I wonder if they know we are coming and are waiting for us"

The old man still gazing at the fire replied " Noone alive knows we are coming cept the people on this ship."

The ship caught a very strong wind and was moving swiftly towards the light. By now everyone knew it was the land but they were not quite sure where exactly they were.

The captain didnt care. He wanted off the ocean for the first time in his life and didnt care where they came ashore. He wanted these men off his ship and as far away from them as he could get.

Now with land in sight the captain felt a bit bolder. "Lad ya can put that thing away now. Ya wont be needin it tonight"

The scarred man with the dead eyes said nothing. His eyes were fixed on the one he called General as if waiting.

He didnt wait long. Before anyone knew what happened the ship hit the sand bar just off the shore and came to an abrupt halt. Everyone on board was thrown forward hitting the deck like sacks of potatoes.

The crew was extatic to be alive. They were getting up off the soaked deck clapping each other on the backs. Cheers went up for the captain as he was able to sail through the storm.

The captain was getting up slowly. It seemed he cushioned the fall for his "guard" who was already up sword back in hand checking on General.

As the two young men helped the older one up he said one sentance to his them, "Noone but us three must know."

It happened so quickly few had time to scream much less get out of the way. Electricity. Fire. Ice. Men choking on poison and a swift blade made short work of every man on the ship cept the three. Blood flowed across the deck in thick pools barely diluted by the rain. If one had seen the ship from shore its sides would have looked painted red. It was over just as quickly at it started. Now all that was heard was the rain hitting the lumps of flesh that were once men.

None of the three spoke. They simply left everything there as they had left it and set off in the dingy towards mainland Skara Brae.

The captain was good. They had hit land just south of the docks. It was closer to where they needed to be.

The men walked slowly towards the old house. The swordsman being the most nervous but never letting it show while the young mage was the most vocal.

"Think she will remember us?"
"I wonder if she has any food, Im starving."
"Think she has guards?"

The three men step into the dilapidated remnants of an old house directly across the road from their destination.

The old man looks at the warrior and says "Go knock on the door and if its not her or she doesnt recognize you leave no witnesses." Looking at the young mage, " You go around back and make sure noone tries to get out. Whoever does will not make it past you. Understood?"

Both men nod and are off. The old man watching the warrior go to the front door.

One knock.
Another and the creaking of a door.
A long moment of silence followed by a loud thud and the crackle and light of a flamestrike from behind the house.

The old man rushes in to support his men as he sprints up the steps he sees the warrior with the woman in his arms smiling.

The old man breathing heavily raises his eyebrow at the sight as the warrior speaks, "I guess she remembered me cause she said my name and fainted."

"Out back!" spoke the old man as he lept thru the house towards the back door just as he saw the mage walk inside holding a well charred deer over his shoulders.

"It startled me and I know were all hungry. I mighta over cooked it tho." said the mage thru a big toothy smile. "Wheres she at. She can at least act like the good hostess and serve this up."

Several hours later Jolicia begins to wake. As she rubs her eyes and shakes the sleep from her mind she mutters out loud, "What a dream."

"You werent dreaming hun." spoke the warrior.

Jolicia sits up and looks around the room in shock.

"B-B-Brian? Baeleron? Eli? How? When Wha- I dont understand. Have I gone mad? Are you ghosts? Please let me be I can not handle any more heart ache from you all."

"We are as real as you are. Weve come back. Back to gather the family. Back to restore the proper balance to the world." said Baele

As he spoke Jolicia simply stared at Brian who hadnt left her side. She touched his face and a tear fell down her cheek.

"Please be real. Ive imagined this for too long. Ive wanted you back for too long now."

Brian speaks up "Its as real as it gets. We have come home for the family. Rest now there is much work to do."

With that Jolicia goes to sleep to exhausted from the excitement and the solitude of her life since they all left.

Brian still never taking his eyes off of her "She is not well. Both body and mind. I cannot fix her with bandages." His face was hurt from seeing this woman this way. He cared for her but would never let anyone know. Baele knew he could tell. He had known Brian for far too long not to know but he respected the warrior too much to speak on that feeling.

"I ca ep er" slobbers Eli with a mouth full of food. Both the older men look at him waiting for him to either eat the food or choke on it. After a rather hard swallowing and a little coughing he states again. "I can help her. If theyre still there I know of a small healing house way outside Trinsic. They owe me a favor or two. I can go make sure they are there and get her there to rest."

Baele speaks up, "Do it. Brian and I will meet you at this rune when you are done. Make sure she is well cared for. We will be setting up our base here. I have already had it prepared."

"Brian secure the house. Lock everything up. Eli take care of her. I will tend to the guildstone."

The three men stand up lay their right hand across their heart and salute in unison.

"Glory to The Hand."
Originator of Leshok Ball
Sadira Reflov
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

The moon casted an eerie yet soothing glow about the shrine that seem to loom within her sight. The shrine that was to many, a sign of rebirth and great healing. For her, the shrine remained a constant reminder of her child..her son..whom was blessed by the spirit of it. Rose could not help but to smile at the irony of how the spirit of the shrine Spirituality blessed her child, the son of Baeleron. One, whom most believed, did not have a spirit...soul...or even a heart. It had been a long time, since she had seen Baelerons face..and even longer since she had seen their son's face. It was odd how she could care for someone who had enslaved her. She had fallen for Baeleron, but she dared not speak a word of it. Most would believe that he held control over her mind again...but her mind was her own...and had been for a good year if not more. It was just as much hers, as is her heart. She shook her head. No...her heart was Baelerons...rather he knew it or not. She had left him in order to seek out her son. Her mind started flashing back to the first time she ever met Baeleron.

"What do you want from me!?"

She yelled out, her eyes near tears as her heart pounded partly from being frightened...the other part from being angry. The drow came closer to her, barely touching her cheek with his hand, then delievered a slap.

"Shut up you wench. You are to be a gift..now be a good girl and take your place as the slave you are to be. Maybe if you are good, your new master will let you out of your chains."

The smirk upon that darken skin face made Rose cringe. She then delievered a good amount of spit right in between the drows eyes. The drow quickly pulled out his dagger and was about to slice her when his voice came through..a commanding deep voice.

"Stop! Do not harm the merchandise."

A man looming over her small lithe form just came before her letting his eyes roam her body.

"She is fiesty. I like them with abit of spunk. Makes the taming even more interesting."

Rose looked up at the man, square in the eyes..her bottem lip met her teeth as she nibbled it slightly.

"Who are you?"

She asked with as much of a defiant tone as she could muster. The man just smiled..a smile that sent chills throughout her body.

"Oh you can call me master."

He said as he turned to the drow.

"She is perfect. I think I will take her."

Rose shook her head as she pulled herself out of the memory..return to the present time. What was that feeling she felt deep in her heart that kept triggering the memories. Did Baeleron come back to this realm? The thought made her both pleased and scared. After all, she is sure he was not pleased with her leaving him. Her gaze looked over across from the shrine. The large tower stood so tall. She had returned to be with those she missed, only to go adventuring to find her son. She missed Savhanna and Lily. She hoped they were all good. The hour was late, so she would visit them later. Meanwhile, she needed to figure what that feeling was...why did it just naw at her. Could he truly be back?
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: