Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

The Calm before the Storm

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Sadira Reflov
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:11 pm Post subject: The Calm before the Storm Reply with quote

Sadira had awoken from a terrible dream. Her skin damped from a cold sweat. Her eyes neverously darted about the room to reorient herself to her own room, and to ensure there was noone there. She scooted herself back against the head of the bed. Her heart pounded as if trying to burst out of the body, that no longer would listen to it. Her clothing drenched from the cold sweat. She just shook her head rubbing her temples.

"It was only a dream."

She said over and over to herself. She then threw her legs over the side of the bed, and got up. Her legs felt weak but slowly regained strength as she made her way towards her writing table. She sat down and examined the parchments before her. Wedding plans? Did her and Zarlox finally decide to wed? As she went on through the rest of the parchments her memory that had been hiding, seemed to be slowly appearing. They were wedding plans of her and Bailos. It returned to her as quickly as it had left.

"I dont want to marry Bailos..Zarlox is my..."

She stops as her eyes widen. Her mind...it was clear! Did the druid come by and enchanted her again whilst she slept?

"I know who I want to marry. I want Zarlox!"

She yelled out and then laughed. Her laugh half almost mad sounding the other half almost like a relief one. She quickly went into her bathroom. She had to tell Zarlox..she had to let him know. As she stripped down, the bracelet caught the reflection of the candlelight. Her heart stopped as she stood still, just gazing upon that horrid reminder of her defeat. Was this just a ploy of Bailos? Perhaps he was let her believe her mind was free? All of her feelings and self doubt slowly resurfaced. She tried to shake off the feeling, that perhaps this was some grand scheme of the dark lord. She decided upon a soothing bath, with some rose pedals and jasmine oil. She slipped into the warm water and closed her eyes. She tried to figure out what she should do...her body..heart and mind wanting to be with Zarlox...to hear his voice...to feel his touch...at the same time..they were all cautious of this new situation she found herself in. As the water slowly started to turn cooler, she finally got out and wrapped a towel about her form. She went to her writing table, getting out her journal. She opened it and began to write.

Once again, my mind is my own...but for how long? How did this come to be? Was it an enchantment from that wonderful druid? Was it just a short term enchantment formed by Bailos himself? Or is this some ploy of his..in hopes in finding another way to harm my beloved Zarlox? Though I so desire to be with him at this moment...I know that I should not. I am myself unaware as to why I am completely my own person once again. I shall not make contact with my Zarlox til I know for sure this is the real thing. Not that he would believe me..even if it were. I can not blame him...I had let him down. I had hurt him...it was not just Bailos but myself...the look on his face...as I announced Bailos king...then stated I wish to be at his side as his queen. That look I shall never forget...or the sharp pain that shot through my heart. Perhaps soon...we will beable to be together. But I can not get over this feeling..that it will not be so easy..if at all possible.

She closed the book and put away the quill. She moved the book back into the drawer and locked it. Her body still felt clammy, but she passed it off as something do to with whatever enchantment was on her. She put on a robe and walked out the front door looking across the road. She could barely see the corner of the headquarters, that Zarlox had come to call home. She leaned up against the pole and she sighed.

"Perhaps one day love..we will be together. But til then...I so hope you know of my true feelings..of my heart. I love you."

She said as if slightly praying to a god. She turned and returned to her bedroom..where she laid upon the bed gazing up at the ceiling..wondering what Bailos had in store of her.
Bailos
Grand Inquisitor
Grand Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Opening his eyes suddenly, as if out of panic, the Usurper-King felt her free-will rush forth like a great flood from the dam that he had placed in her mind.

That little wench... he said aloud, as he calmly stood up and disappeared into the nether.

Reappearing several minutes later at the Candlelight Inn, he took a seat in his customary spot. If this were ever work effectively, he had to keep her drugged, -at all times-. She had outlived and sort of usefulness to him, aside from hurting Zarlox, and that was good enough for him.

------------
Hours pass...
------------

Sadira enters slowly, understandably aprehensive about seeing the heather-king once more. But alas, she approaches, her sense of hospitality winning. "Can I get you anything M'Lord?"

Bingo!
He thought to himself

"I would love a glass of water my dear. Bring one for yourself while you're at it."

She does so, carefully selecting two, sturdy cups and a pitcher of water. Giving them a place on the table, she sits opposite him and opens her mouth, about ready to ask the obvious questions. Bailos raises his hand to shush her..."There are two things we have to do first. Before you even get a chance to ask me any questions, I will explain the last fews days to you. Secondly....I would like a cookie..."

Raising an eyebrow, Sadira excuses herself from the table and begins to dig through the pantry for this elusive...cookie. The perfect opportunity.

Pouring what can only be considered a massive dose of the mind control potion into Sadira's cup, his new trap is set.

Upon Sadira's return, they chat idle, before he takes a serious tone and begins to explain exactly what he did, in every detail. As Sadira's mind is fixed on Bailos' words, her hand idley drifts down to pick up the cup of water, still oblivious to the trap. A small grin draws accross Bailos' face as he watches her lips part and the potion flow once more, into her body. Minutes pass, and Sadira unceremoniously falls to the floor.

Craning his head slightly, Bailos looks down at her...awkward position and smiles, triumphantly..."That really is a bad habit, my dear"

Scooping her up, he makes his way to her room and lays her accross the bed and waiting for her to wake up. Taking special care to make sure every door is locked and secured, he stands over her, waiting. Such a powerful dose would no doubt take time.

Your end draws near, innocent little pawn", he whispers. "Your love will die, along with you"
Sadira Reflov
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadira finally awakens...Bailos could tell that she received perhaps too much of the drug. She was flushed and clammy. Her eyes were near pin points. When she awoken, she did so in a jolt of panic. Her eyes darting about the room, nervously.

"What...what's going on? How did I get down here?"

She says almost to herself as her eyes then fall upon Bailos.

"M'lord...what happened?"

She asked as if in hopes he would tell her the truth. She wrapped her arms about her as if she were chilled. She did not look too well. Even her skin was quite warm to the touch. Almost as if she took up where they had left off.

"I must have over did myself while working on our wedding."

Her voice was soft and weak sounding. She looks up at him as if awaiting an order.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: