Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

To Zarlox; in a time of need

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Arakad
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:08 am Post subject: To Zarlox; in a time of need Reply with quote

It was an eventful night, within the candlelight inn within sanctus, he had brought the druid Maelwyn with him, something in him knew her services would be needed and the fact they were traveling together that evening just before the pigeon arrived with word from Sadira only proved the point she was going to be useful.

The run through the forests of Lakeshire seemed quick, as the armored steed dodged trees and rocks with intense speed. The man's white mane of hair flowed in the wind behind him as he raced to the Twin Oaks tavern. There within the tavern rested several books he had placed there days before, and within these tomes hopefully an answer he sought to the nights questions and hopes.

Dismounting the large steed the man made his way within the abandoned tavern, walking up to the bar he pulled out a parchment and a ink vail from a near by bookshelf as he began to put into words.

"Zarlox;

I have heard of your recent return, and word has reached Lakeshire of the events that have transpired within Sanctus within the past few days. I seek a council with you and perhaps lend aid where it may be needed. I send word via my eagle, he will wait near by for a reply."

Arakad
Commander of the Dragoons of Lakeshire

The dark paladin approached a window where perched a silver feathered eagle looking about the fierce storm approaching on the horizon. A storm always hit Lakeshire, coming off from the lake, but this one seemed to bare with it a malevolence... with leather gloved hands the man tied the letter to the eagles harness and whispered a few words before pointing it towards Sanctus.

Turning, Arakad picked up a shuffle of books from the bar top and made his way to the throne by the fireplace muttering under his breath behind the black mask in, incoherent words. He taped the kasa up out of his eyes and began reading through the first of what most prominently will become many old and half decay'd books.
Sadira Reflov
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadira was pleased that Arakad had taken her up on her favor.

"Now please do not tell him that I sent you, or he will believe its a ploy of Bailos and mine. I do believe you can help aide him in his endeavors."

Arakad had agreed he would not mention to Zarlox that it was her that has asked him to help. Then, Sadira had bidded Arakad and Maelwyn a good eve, as she watched them depart from the Inn. For the first time, her mind was clear..and felt like her own. While the enchantment that Maelwyn had put on her, was in effect, she quickly went to her room and began to write Zarlox a letter.

My dearest love,

I am writing you while my mind is clear, to tell you that no matter what you may feel...my love for you is strong. It hurts me to know that you can no longer trust me. It is with this clear mind that I write this as well. Perhaps our ways should part til we are able to find something to take away this control. Your focus needs to be on the city and its people. I have met a druid whom I feel could aide in this. I am nothing but a weakness and liability to you and the cause. Though it pains me greatly to say such words, perhaps it is for the best. Just please remember my love for you has always been true. You are the one for me. I must end this quickly, I feel the enchantment wearing off as my mind <it ends abruptly>

love always
Sad
<a tear stain fades the rest of the name out>

Sadira could feel her mind becoming cloudy once more. She quickly had the letter dispatched to Zarlox and informed the messanger to never return to the Inn for any messages from herself. She, as Zarlox, was starting to not trust herself...she watched the messanger depart as her mind slowly went to her and Bailos wedding.
Zarlox
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

"Evening sir!" The young man said as he clumsily stood and saluted when Zarlox walked by. Obviously the young man had not expected the General this evening.

Stopping before the young man Zarlox leveled his emotionless gaze upon him. "If I was one of our enemies, you would be dead, and several important documents would have been taken. This would lead to the deaths of your friends and several innocent citizens." The calmness in which the words came out of his mouth shook the young man visibly. "Remember that."

Without another word Zarlox moved into his office and began looking over the messages that were there for him, leaving the young mans adrenalin to keep him awake, and alive. After looking over a few of the messages he began to respond to them...

Arakad,

I will meet with you, as you can imagine my priorities are constantly changing. I will meet you at the Lodge this Thursday evening if you can make it.

Zarlox

As Zarlox finished folding the message and preparing it to be sent out his eyes came to rest upon the last message that awaited him. There was no title on it, but because it was only folded one time he could see how the letter began.

My dearest love,

The world around him stopped as his eyes became locked on those words.

Pain...

Each beat of his heart pumped more of that horrid feeling into his veins...

Taking a deep breath and closing his eyes again Zarlox refocused, when he again opened his eyes, his emotionless state had returned. Now ready to face the pain that was sure to follow he reached out and began to read the message from Sadira.

...For several minutes after finishing the letter she had written, he continued to stare at it. There had been moments of pain in the letter, but he had been prepared to deal with it. He placed the letter in the pile with the other messages he had read that evening. Then slowly rising he made his way to the small fire in the room and tossed them in. He did not know if she had been telling him the truth in that letter, but he knew if he opened his heart to that possibility now it would only cause more pain. He had to wait, wait until he knew Bailos could not summon her again. He had to wait until she was where Zarlox could protect her. Shaking off the meetings he had with some of those crafters, and the hope they had provided, he watched until the last message had gone up in flames.

He then moved to his desk and began to make more plans for the movements against Bailos....and his supporters.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: