Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Return to me, my child...

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Isil Narmolanya
Crazed Zealot
Crazed Zealot

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:03 pm Post subject: Return to me, my child... Reply with quote

On a fine day as always in the realm of Ilshenar, a young elven girl walks timidly through the forests, humming a sweet melody as she smiles at her surroundings. Stopping suddenly, she gazes southward, towards a moongate.

How odd... why do I feel drawn towards that moongate?

Slowly walking south, and hiding behind a tree, she looked at the moongate, curious.

What is this strange feeling?

Slowly stepping towards the moongate, it begins to turn a dark red, and swirls violently. Dark, twisting tendrils begin to pour through, making their way towards Isil.

No! Back you beings of Evil!

Thwacking at them with her staff, she cannot help but be grasped by them, and slowly dragged towards the moongate. Screaming in terror, she continues to strike at the tendrils, but to no avail, they drag her into the moongate.

She awakens in a land of pure evil, the wind howling around her, a land of death and decay. Rising to her feet, she pulls up her hood around her face, as to shield herself from the wind, and whatever else may be lurking.

Where am I? Who, or what, has brought me here? And why does it feel as if i've been here before?

To her north, she can feel it, a faint heartbeat. Feeling drawn to it, she begins to walk steadily towards the sound, it getting ever louder.

She can feel it in her bones now. The echo is getting louder, and more powerful. It is calling to her, making her go towards it. She stumbles upon a hill, high and mighty, with clouds swirling around it. Lightning dances in the sky, and thunder booms from all directions. She begins her slow ascent up the hill, against her will at this point.

Why am I doing this? Where am I? Why do I feel as if I am home?

Emerging on the top of the hill, she is greeted by a dark figure, shrouded in cloth from head to toe. The being is standing behind a stone pedestal, and there is what looks like a dark purple stone atop it. As she steps closer, she realizes that it is not a stone at all, but rather a Skull. She stands there, paralyzed, and looks at the figure behind the pedestal. All that is seen is a silhouette, and two dark red circles. They look as if they are swirling, and the rest of the figure is motionless, as if it were a statue.

Why can't I move? What is this being of evil which stands before me?

Slowly, the figure ahead of Isil lifts what appears to be hands, and places them above the skull atop the pedastal. The cloth which once covered its figure, now is torn off from the wind. What is under the cloak, causes Isil to open her mouth, as if to scream, but no sound comes out.

What are you?!?, she thinks, but cannot say.

Clad in dark platemail armor, a blood red cloak, and lacking skin and flesh, is the image of a Death Knight, in all its glory. It remains motionless, aside from its boney, skeletal hands moving ever so slightly above the skull. And then... it speaks to her.

Return..... release your mortal chains once more.... and embrace perfection!

With these words spoken, the eyes of the dark skull before her begin to glow a deep purple, staring at Isil. Her skin and flesh begin to peel off, and her hair slips from their roots. Isil screams out in pain and terror, as she stands there, at mercy of whatever power is doing this to her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awaking in the forest of spirituality, Isil quickly jumps to her feet, and begins to check her body for anything, due to her last memory of there being nothing at all. Realizing that it was all a nightmare, a horrific one at that, Isil reaches down for her staff, laying against a stump. As she reaches for it, she notices a dark, circle-shaped marking on her palm. Examining it more closely, she realizes that it is in the shape of a skull....
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: