Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Plot Survey

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Isilmea
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:02 am Post subject: Plot Survey Reply with quote

What kinds of plots do you like and what plots would you –want- to take part in?
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh! That's a good question.

I'm not sure exactly how specific of an answer you were looking for, Isil, but I'll answer to the best of my ability. I've only two focuses right now RP wise, and I think that's a good number to keep them at:

1. Throw Toadslick around, get him hired out, bring him to random taverns and meetings where he shouldn't be, and general goofing off with him.

2. Now that Amma is with Humanis, I'd like to start roleplaying more with the elves, drow, orcs, and whatnot. Considering Amma's not exactly human it makes him sort of a sympathizer, and that would make for some interesting sporadic RP, methinks. So whatever plots sprout from that I'm all for.

Both of these could fit into Rufus' grand scheme. Considering I've almost never been to a Regency meeting before, I'd like to see what the hubbub's all about and how I could stir things up.

As a more general answer, hmm... a reason for a big hunt or a champ spawn is usually fun if not overdone. "Oh we have to hunt so and so to collect this for whatever reason." Competitions and silly games can be fun, too, like Nuj's human chess or some bagball. Anything else that happens between players I typically prefer to be spontaneous, with maybe one or two people knowing what's going on. For example "Oh, so and so has been captured/kidnapped/wounded at X location, we have to go rescue them!" Or stuff like your gem quest. Hmm, guess that's all I can think of for now.

I remember one evening, and I wish I knew who all to give credit to for this, but somebody's 18x18 was chock full of released tameables, and once they had all been defeated Tarothin appeared in beast form and loaded with loot, and everybody was trying to chase him down in this literal maze of a house. Good times, very enjoyable.

Episodes by Toadslick: http://www.geocities.com/jamesthm/
Evinyatar
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I like spontaneous plots..... i.e. I'll know a certain person or group will react/be outraged/be sympathetic/attempt to kill me/will help me if I 'do a certain action'... and after you've done that first action you just let it flow and see where it all ends at.

That's why it's very important for people like me to have 'narrowminded characters'.... Like Humanis,neat, create a non-human and you're good for a few 'plots'.... Orcs, neat, create a yewbased dogooder and you're up for some neat plots...Sanctus, neat, create a Luna based necromancy guild and plots are mondo Smile

I don't like guilds or persons who're attempting to be both good and evil or without any clear characteristic or purpose... like The Guardians of Justice Nr1455464564 (exemplary guild)...It's just to difficult to hook your own interest into another group if they don't have clear characteristics.

A long explenation for not responding to your questions.... so here it goes again: I like plots that develop dynamically and unscripted. and to do that IMO you need groups of people with clearly defined and unique characteristics where you can 'guess' more or less what their reaction is going to be at a certain event.

Toodles!

RK
Tarothin Armunn
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Amma,

That was at my 18x18 before I moved. And the people that helped out to do that getting the tamables was Alarin, Ditto, and Cat and I. I was going to do more of those (once every two weeks) but then I made D|O and then moved to Cove and dont have a house large enough. Glad you liked it though, I had fun on it. I might do that again sometime I had fun running the Colliseum other than the stress I had for people not showing and me scrounging around icqing people to ask if they could help.

But to the original post. Any is fine with me. Just start a plot and see where things go. The fun of it would be to not know where it will lead or the overall outcome.
Adin Blackwind
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

what I want is decpetion in the ranks, I want spys to retrieve important documents, I want some baron to plot his king's assassination. These are the things i want. Plans within plans and indepth roleplay. nothing simple.

the day you can get that to work here is the day I'll step up and participate. otherwise, I'll just remain cooped up in my little corner of the realm making nothing but drones day in and day out.
Martin Willow
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

*runs screaming from Kotare*

Vipralion
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets quit asking what we want for plots and do one!!!

Sec, let me think of a starter idea and we'll see who wants to help me out from there.
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

It is never too late to join in on my plot. From the reports I have been getting of the first two victims, the attempts to explain who the victim is to the victim and the attempts at a cure have been very well thought out.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: