Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

"Tabellae-IX/I/MMVIII."

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Nh'bdy
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:17 am Post subject: "Tabellae-IX/I/MMVIII." Reply with quote

The still night air hangs over the city if Britain, shrouding faces below cloaks and hidden behind the brims of caps, however the mask of one unnamed anarchist glows slightly as the city lights flicker and dance, only accenting the smile he wears eternally.

The fire of the torch lingers next to the parchment. Grabbing a few of Isk's announcements Seth hurriedly scribbles out a few near perfectly replicated notes, pulling his cloak on an arm and around his person Seth melds into the night, moments later a furious cry of song birds breaks the still air, making for all members of the loose organization Adeps Nicterium.

When received, the note reads thusly.

Quote:
Greetings Comrade,
It has been some time, I hope you are in good health. I have sent one of my flock to each of you, I truly hope to receive a response from my players. If you would please turn this over, you will notice the Magnate has is issuing a bounty, I believe it may be on my brow, and while I shall wear this crown proudly, I wish for each of you to stay safe and illusive in the coming days. I have found us a home of sorts, please send correspondence via this bird post haste. Take care my kindred, Sossoria Prevails. *The note is complimented by a quick sketch of a honey-bee. The entire letter is inked in Tyrian Purple. *

Lotte Ravensley
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote

The song of the bird lulled Lotte into a joyful awakeness. A small smile appeared on her lips, as she began to hum with the bird, oblivious to the note.

A few hours later, Lotte noticed the paper attached to the bird's foot. Picking up the bird, careful not to hurt it, she unwrapped the letter from its claw, and read it. So that's how you spell comrade. Oooh, Comrade wrote to her! She began to read, her eyes crossing. She looked at the bird. "There's a lot of big words here." She went into her library, and grabbed an excessively large book. She opened it up, her finger going over the words in the book. "Magnate, ruler. Mm Bounty, money for catching bad people. Brow, forhead. Illusive, unable to catch. Prevail, wins against something." Lotte stared at the letter, trying to make sense. "Oh, birdie, look. He has an announcement on his forehead that there is a bad guy out there, and to catch him. He wants us to stay hidden and safe, so the bad guy doesn't hurt us. He found a home for all of us to live. Oooh, maybe with steel doors to keep the vampires out."

Lotte picked up the bird and smiled brightly, seeing the bee. She began to hum until the bird memorized her song, then sent back a message to her comrade. The writing is written in a childs hand, the d's reversed.

Quote:
Dear Comrade,

Did you no that menes frend? I got yor lettr and will be illudeing until you sae not to illude. I read the bounty and it semes scary, so I hop you don't get hurt wile you ware it on your forehead. Is it in ink or just a papr on your forehead? Oh, and I saw the bug, so I had tot the birdee a song I hrd yeres agoe, called flite of the bumbl bee. I hope that's okay. She seemed to like it.

Love, Lotte

PS, sorree the spelleeng is bad. I lost my hepper and they not ree plase her yet.

She tied the letter to the birds claw and smiled, sending it off. She could hear the almost buzzing sound coming from the beautiful bird and smiled in delight, sure that her comrade would enjoy such a fine tune.
Pandora
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:39 pm Post subject: Re: "Tabellae-IX/I/MMVIII." Reply with quote

A songbird swooped in, dropping a letter in her lap, before plopping on her shoulder. It sang a soft tune, nuzzling against her ear.

She read it slowly before smiling slightly,

Quote:
Greetings Comrade,
It has been some time, I hope you are in good health. I have sent one of my flock to each of you, I truly hope to receive a response from my players. If you would please turn this over, you will notice the Magnate has is issuing a bounty, I believe it may be on my brow, and while I shall wear this crown proudly, I wish for each of you to stay safe and illusive in the coming days. I have found us a home of sorts, please send correspondence via this bird post haste. Take care my kindred, Sossoria Prevails. *The note is complimented by a quick sketch of a honey-bee. The entire letter is inked in Tyrian Purple. *

Shadows hide me from sight
hidden from the burning light,
Even from your own vision,
only to appear to make an incision.

Where am I?
In a land of sweet by and by,
Ye ask me where I am,
So simply put to say,
That I am so ever far away.

Simpler to say where I am not,
a battle so easily fought,
from your arms,
and simple touch
alone and silent,
Biding my time,
to meet ye again,
Within the night,
Enveloped in darkness.

When blood runs,
I shall ride,
Hard and Fast,
to the crimson fount,
For, Sosaria,
Freedom beckons,
and its destiny awaits.

Ye will see me again soon,
let this letter be a boon,
take care my dear,
for, for me,
there is naught to fear.

She grinned, tying the note to the birds leg, and kissing its forehead, before sending it again, out the window to its owner.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: