Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Hanse's Tavern Night: Rules
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Cear Dallben ZOG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

will you people just get drunk and let me win your gold at dice

U6Online|| Welcome to Blackrock||Sunrise, Isle of the Avatar||Automatic Roleplay
Kaelthir
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronin wrote:
Quote:
On a more serious note, c'mon doods. It's not really hindering your RP. If the only thing you can RP on your vampire is feeding (aka cybering 90% of the time), you're doing it wrong.

Please, take the time to RP with CAP, to feed in public is against the rules of the Clan, we don't do it and if a member does they are repremanded for it and will even be booted if they continue.

I might have only been playing UO for a little less than a year but the High Council of Cap consist of RPers that have been doing this for 10yrs, 8yrs, and 6yrs respectivly. And she will probably shoot me for saying this but Skatha use to be in Dayel Stormcrows Court back when.

Im just saying please dont stereo-type us, i think several in the community will say we can and do RP and don't do that bad at it. :P

And read what I said further down, I said I've Rped with you guys enough to know you do a lot more than feeding RP. Thus why I doubt Sanctus law should be too much of a problem for you guys.
Walter
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Cear Dallben ZOG wrote:
will you people just get drunk and let me win your gold at dice

This

[20:28] Inkari: walter=chuck norris

"What do you mean I can't sell castle deeds I create on Ebay?" - GM Darwin circa 1999
Ronin
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And read what I said further down, I said I've Rped with you guys enough to know you do a lot more than feeding RP. Thus why I doubt Sanctus law should be too much of a problem for you guys.

Yes you did Embarassed my apologies, i am having serious internet issues the page will hardy scrolls.

*hugs* it's been a stressfull night for me
Kaelthir
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronin wrote:

Yes you did :oops: my apologies, i am having serious internet issues the page will hardy scrolls.

*hugs* it's been a stressfull night for me

It's all good <3
There's ALWAYS time for hugs. *proceeds to huggle Ronin*
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

THERE IS ALSO ALWAYS TIME FOR CAPS LOCK

...And I feel bad for derailing the thread again. So sorry.
Will Kaldhel
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:00 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Gold cear? I thought you would try to play for blackrock instead.
Opportunity is the stepping stone to victory

Kaelthir
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:58 am Post subject: Reply with quote

He discovered how to transmute gold into blackrock. For about thirty thousand gold, he can "create" a small piece of blackrock.
Malicite
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

*grumble* That was a lot of reading. I blame Steve for derailing the post over and over again. However, after talking with him last night, it seems pretty clear that the notion of "tavern neutrality" creates sterile RP and is an outdated idea. The desire to avoid senseless violence is a virtuous aim, but it doesn't need to be the rule. Just have fun folks and try not to get so wrapped up in what goes on here. Otherwise, you will quit for six years and let someone loot your account down to nothing...and pick up necromancy on your mage. I swear it will happen.

*grumbles again and goes off to find stronger coffee*
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

True 'tavern neutrality' promotes boring chatter and actually hinders character evolution. Without going into a huge rant about that, I'll summarize by saying that I feel it is the very essence of roleplay to have your character learn, experience, and then evolve and change based on what they have learned and experienced, seen and done. Tavern roleplay is indeed 'in character' but that is all it can be classified as.

I tried to say all this on the first page (for those that know how to interpret my all caps sarcasm). Sanctus as a guild has learned and evolved based on its experiences with people that cover their face, vampires, et cetra. Zarlox might label that 'extreme', I again label it the essence of roleplay. If I visit a guild or roleplay with an individual and know (nearly) everything about that guild/individual in that first meeting because their character is that shallow of a concept, that guild/character is a failure.

I wrote:
Without going into a huge rant about that,

Oops. I failed.
fish
Ditto Armunn
Slightly Crazed
Slightly Crazed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:52 am Post subject: Reply with quote

A neutral tavern not in the heart of a guild town and the owner rp'ly tries to enforce that neutrality makes sense to me. Taverns expected to be neutral in the heart of guild towns/cities..especially military ones, is like saying you can dress up as your characters but you can't rp your characters because thats rude.

I thought tavern night was geared to help build rp by having a single place people can go (not forced to go), not squash or ignore rp. Hatred of races, between guilds, or whatever is a known and sometimes cherished fact of life. WHY discourage it?
That's just my opinion.

If this is out of date & the issue resolved, please disregard or delete this reply.

Quote: "Oh Great! First I get stabbed and now I'm bleeding!" - Ditto
[quote="Tarothin Armunn"]I know and I have mood swings like a pregnant woman at times. :/ I'm very random.[/quote]
Malic M'real
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm chirping in a bit late on this one. I will gladly answer any Sanctus Law questions. Myself and another re-wrote the laws that Spawn originally wrote about 2 years ago. Any Sanctus law questions just ask here or PM me please. I'll cover one here now.

Facial Coverings- Simple and common sense really. IN RL would you be allowed on a White House tour with your face covered? Clearly not. All criminals arrested in Sanctus and those suspected of crimes are drawn/sketched for wanted posters and record. If you can't wear facial coverings then you can be either identified as a criminal or proven to not be a wanted criminal in the Kingdom. Why can Isk wear one...If my lore is correct it is fused to his head and he cannot remove it.
Governor-Regent of Sanctus
Earl of Sanctus- Steward of the Sanctan Throne
Justice Paladin of the Holy Paladin Council
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tarothin Armunn
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus by now everyone knows Isk's mask more so then people would his face. It's more his face then his face is.
Drayden Calamyr
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Kuja has some good points it does really sterilize the RP if everyone has to play nice. Kind of puts a ceiling on your character and limits the roleplay to idle chatter. The idea that tavern owners really have the power to make sure that these tavern nights is what rings true to me in this excellent discussion. In my opinion, if the tavern owners are going through the proper steps to make sure that conflicts are avoided for the basic principle of sitting down and having a drink peacefully. (Anotherwards they have player guards to enforce their rules, the rules are posted plainly or stated as such, etc.) Just because you are in the same tavern with your polar opposite doesnt mean you have to go and sit down with them and buy em a drink ya know?
Ditto made a good point as well. I've crawled around this community for years now. And while its cool for everyone to get along, lets be honest. Some of the best storylines and roleplay is a direct result of conflict. In fact, lately thats what has been going on. A little bit of conflict goes a long way to get peoples brains/hearts goin.

Just a few cents from your local Drow. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ceinwyn ab'Arawn
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides, you can always use incognito or a disguise kit if you really want to attend tavern night and not be arrested.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: