Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

I hate ICQ >:O

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic
Kaelthir
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:22 pm Post subject: I hate ICQ >:O Reply with quote

For some reason it wasn't sending offline messages to me when I logged in on my PC. I just logged in on my laptop and got a whole bunch, including one from Unity whom I have no idea how to contact otherwise. RRRRRRR.

If I don't reply to an offline message it's possible I never got it, just a warning in case it happens more.
Yasamin
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pidgin does that with offline messages. Good news? He has a my space and looks at it.
(4:45:41 PM) Jarem: It becomes increasingly difficult to feel noble in my causes when my cause is to defend my charge from her own violent tendencies.
Kaelthir
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

When I say "ICQ" I always mean pidgin. I usually get offline messages, I'm not sure why they go to my laptop but not my PC.

AND GIVE ME UNITY'S MYSPACE OMG
Rizzen
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:25 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps some firewall restrictions you have only on your PC, and not your laptop?
Kaelthir
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

That's entirely possible. My hard drive died and I just got my PC back last week, and it's using Vista. You know how long it takes to sort out and turn off every dumb security or fluff thing on it. Firewall is off, but who knows. I didn't have this problem on my PC before the hard drive died either which was also running Vista.
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I had to update pidgin to get all my offline messages working properly. Try that.

At least I'm mostly done with Trillian, which used to just give me a message from people that said [Offline Message] and nothing more :\
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: