Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

*A Letter Sent to All Heads of State*
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Thrax
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 10:10 am Post subject: *A Letter Sent to All Heads of State* Reply with quote

In the name of the all-powerful Oggaroth,

Greetings,

I am Lord Thrax, high priest of Oggaroth, Overlord of lands east of Yew, Felucca, and Archon of Thraxstadt, which had been called "Pegasus Bay", a sizeable tract of land south-southwest of the Shrine of Justice.

I write this on behalf of those whose claims on Yew, Felucca, have been the subject of much debate and strife: the orcs. I have discovered an historical document that proves they, and they alone, are the original inhabitants of Yew and are, therefore, the rightful claimants to at least some portion of its land. The document reveals that they were, over the years, slowly dispossessed by various groups of humankind, being pushed farther and farther south until their land has become nothing more than a tiny, pathetic, collection of hovels crammed together near a wooden fort. Even now they are at the mercy, if there is any, of those who would kill them for sport and to plunder their dwindling and meagre goods.

In view of this record, and the ongoing plight of these poor, much-maligned, and sorely misunderstood creatures, I have taken it upon myself to correct, at least in some measure, these horrible and vile injustices perpertrated upon them. I have directed those loyal to me (and to equity, honor, and compassion as well) to assist the orcs in reclaiming the full extent of their land by whatever means necessary unless the following terms are met:

1. A meeting of all concerned heads of state, myself, and one or more orc representatives, is convened within the next ten days.

2. That, at the meeting, orc claims will be heard and evaluated fairly, openly and honestly.

3. That a treaty of land ownership shall be drawn up determining boundaries and extent of orcish control in Yew, Felucca.

4. Within thirty days, the treaty will be ratified and established by all concerned parties. The time and place will be determined when enough favorable responses have been received to warrant it.

I realize this will be perceived as a threat by many. However, those who truly hold to virtuous principles, and who do not simply give them lip service, will see it for what it truly is: restoring that which rightfully belongs to another, which is at the very core of justice which the town of Yew claims to revere and uphold.

The book whereof I speak may be found in the Publie Library in Britain and in similar repositories. It is entitled, "The Orcs of Yew" by Lord Malcolm Guile. I have copied it for my own use and shall bring it to the meeting. I spoke with a librarian and a curator of antiquities, and both assured me that the record is accurate and authentic.

I request your indulgence in this matter. Please reply as soon as you may. Lack of prompt response on your part will be perceived as rejection of this proposal but will not forestall action by me to see that this injustice is corrected.

Signed,
Lord Thrax
Bailos
Grand Inquisitor
Grand Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 10:25 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sifting through the mail, the letter receives a few minutes of attention from Bailos

Priest;

While Umbra and the Order holds the Orcs close in the bond of friendship, the matters of Felucca do not concern us. In accord with treaties already in place, our hands will remain clean in this matter. Nor will the city-state of Sanctus aid you in your declaration of reformation.

Cordially,
The Lord Bailos,
Artisan of Ruin &
Magnate of Umbra
Thrax
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 10:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote

"M'lord, Bailos has replied to your letter," Skurj announced, handing the letter to Thrax, who took it and read it quickly.

"Bailos. I have heard of him. He claims protectorate over Sanctus. Interesting," Thrax commented as he sat down to write a short reply:

"Lord Bailos,

I understand your concerns. I would not have you break formal treaties in a matter that does not directly involve you or Sanctus, and distance does make things somewhat irrelevant to your business. I wish to thank you for your ongoing concern for the orcs, and others who are the victims of prejudice and hate by those who decry and disavow such behavior in others.

If I may be of service to you in any way, please do not hesitate to ask. May your benevolent oversight of Sanctus be long, glorious, and fruitful.

Signed,
Lord Thrax"
Adin Blackwind
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 10:47 am Post subject: Reply with quote

*A reply sent back to a Lord Thrax*

Lord Thrax, I as the Chairman of the Commonwealth of Yew must protest this matter to the fullest. You claim there are records that allow the Orcs rightful claim of these lands. I find this a farse as Orcs are known not to be the brightest of beings and records, if any, would more likely to be a forgery made up by orc sympathizers than the orcs themselves. In the past, the Orcs have long wanted yew for their own and when they held it for a time, they did nothing productive by societies standards.

Further more, the latest war with the orcs drove them out of these lands. Lands in which when I was younger and had more of my warrior spirit, were run by humans like myself. The Orcs raid the town from time to time and cause unrest. I see no benefitial means to your claim of these so called records. Further more, the Boundary has been established since the second Yew War has ended. The Orcs are a defeated race. War has nullified any previous documentation. Otherwise, such a tactics would have been used on the Orcs during their occupation. It would have been rejected and dismissed just as quickly.

Also, you should be warned that you are inciting unrest within the borders of Yew. You will cease these actions at once or face the consequences of your actions. The Orcs have enough land to the south of Yew Felluca. During their occupation in Yew Felluca, they did little to protect, serve or aid the general public. In many cases they enslaved much of the population for their own foul deeds. Deeds which resulted in a war. A war in which sent the Orcs running back further south where they belong. If any further fighting is to take placeand it will come to that if this goes any futher, I swear upon my forefathers that I will not stop until all orcs in Yew are erradicated. You will suffer the same fate as well. Maintain the peace and such an action will never happen.

Yew hearby rejects such a claim, and will take action aginst you and anyone who presses this matter further.

Lord Kotare
Duke of BlackWind
Chairmain of the Commonwealth
Thrax
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 12:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

*A Letter to Kotare from Lord Thrax*

Lord Kotare,

Your threats are duly noted but will have no impact whatsoever on what shall come to pass in Yew. I do, however, thank you for the warning. Your name shall be first on the list of those who stand in opposition to what is just and fair in these matters. I will, therefore, gladly consider you persona non grata in whatever government the orcs wish to install in Yew.

Also, a bit of friendly advice: You would do well to confine yourself and your activities to whatever territory you lay claim over, dubious or not. Failing that, you will one day find your reception in Yew quite different than what passes for neighborliness.

Signed,
Lord Thrax
Molly

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

*written on official House of the Gauntlet Stationary*

Me'Lord Kotare,

I hope this letter finds you and Lily in good health. I am well and am enjoying the lovely spring weather in Luna. I hope your injuries are knitting well and I am sending another potion to aid in their healing. I regret to have missed the paraide in Britian and the dedication of the statue there but I was unable to attend due to matters of state. Our presence in Britain helped turn the tide and it is nice to see it was recognized so properly. May all those that survived remember those that gave theirs in the defence of their homes. It was heart warming to see the smiles on the faces of the people when the attacks ceased. We are gathering sacks of flour and barrels of fruit and vegitables for the short term and seeds, logs, iron and other items to help them rebuild. Hopefully in the next week we will be delivering them.

This however is not a social letter unfortunately. There is a matter that follows that concerns me.

I received a letter today from a man unknown to me. I am forwarding a copy of the letter for you incase you have not yourself received one. As my guild is a member of the Yew Commonwealth, with properties in Yew, I would wish to know your stance on this matter and what corse of action is to be taken should diplmacy fail.

I will bring this matter up at the Royal Court and see if they are willing to aid should things get sticky in Yew. As you know, most have no love lost for the Orc population considering the troubles they have caused over the years. I will be in touch when I have addressed it with them and in the mean time if you could forward the Commonwealth stance so I might respond in kind.

A biography of this man, if you have one, would be helpful so we know who to watch for and what to expect. I will be sure to forward any information we have gleened of him and his organization to you as well.

Your friend always in Light and the virtues,

*sealed with the symbol of the gauntlet and the Royal Court of Luna*
Sanctus, Luna, Malas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXoGDbJ5nLU
Adin Blackwind
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 2:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Lady Molly,

Though it greieves me to see that there is still malcontent in our lands, I have always been a fair and firm leader. This man known only as Thrax is nothing more than a shadowy usuper who seeks to claim yew for his own foul schemes. Thus far, he has been thwarted in every attempt.

From my past dealings with him, he has shown himself to be below moral standards as it was only recently known to us that he was responsible for a few disapearances of family members to our former magistrate. This was primarily during the time when the trial of Isk was under way.

As a member of the former Yew Town Council, you are aware that these claims are false and ment to stir up unrest with the local population. However, I can asure you that while I still draw breath, this mans ambitions will never come to light.
Lilyth Noir
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 2:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sitting in quite reflection in her gardens Lilyth heard a familiar voice. "Honey, I'm home." Time for homecomings were to be put aside for the time being, with the exchange of a quick hug both pulled out the letter that Lord Thrax had sent. The two exchanged a grin, politics before privacy again. Looking at Kotare for a moment, Lilyth laughed. "why don't you reply dear I know you do adore needling those who come to make such amusing ultimatums and threats." Kotare laughed at her knowing full well she was about to set her energies in the direction of finding this Lord Thrax and any who conspire with him.

Lilyth herself set a quill to paper and sent a quick messege to a few of her lesser known affiliates. The letter read simply

The time of Yews need is arising again. I would be most interested and of course generous to anyone of your brethren who will deliver me more information regarding this new threat hiding beneath benevolence for the Orcs. The man is most foul I have seen him on occasion, normally in Dark garb and rarely far from home. It is my understanding that his whereabouts are in these areas. East of Yew, Felucca, and Archon of Thraxstadt, which had been called "Pegasus Bay", a sizeable tract of land south-southwest of the Shrine of Justice.

I look forward to your reports, and shall be in touch as I am able.

Yours in Arms,
Lilyth
Duchess of Yew

Lilyth sent for Glory to deliver the missive, *shaking her head with a smile* "Deliver these to your friends if you will Glory" She handed Glory a sealed parchment and an ornately wrought golden box. "a reward for thier diligence in the matter and payment for thier time" Glory took these things and nodded to the Duchess as she slipped off into the dark.

[/i]
William
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 3:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

William was finishing up the Constitution of Jhelom, with trade arrangement letters then a letter came to Jhelom with Will's name. William opened the letter and wonders why is was sent to him of all people. William then finds out it was to all heads of state, so William writes a little letter to the priest who sent this.

Dear Thrax

I hear that you have historical documents that orcs should run Yew. Gues what my evil friend, Minax has historical documents to run Brittannia because she successed Mondain. Guess what else happened Mondain was killed and that ended any succession from him. The orcs did own a portion of Yew but they were beaten out of Yew so that ends all claims. Listen the Orc is not promised anything on this land because they are evil creatures that fight against the Lord. The only claim they will have is a place in the depths of Sosaria, the Lord will not give them land nor will his people. Kotare is a ignorant man with no faith, but the Orcs are ignorant that is against the Lord and his people therefore they only have place in hell. If you continue these claims, you will only make the process of destruction of the orcs faster.

Sincerely
William
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 4:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings, Thrax.

I received your letter and am only going to respond to you in reply to your statement that said in so many words that Yew belongs to Orcs. This is not true. However, if it were to belong to anyone, it would be the Orcs. See, not so long ago, there was a second war in Yew. It ended with a draw, neither side winning. I participated in this war for the Yew Liberation side against the Horde. The Horde will say they won, and the Yew Liberators will say they won. However, out of the battles that took place, each side won an equal amount.

The Horde was one battle away from winning, however the Liberators fought their way back to the initial battle point. Let me draw an analogy to better explain.

You have the Horde tugging on the rope and the Liberators tugging on the rope. Initially, the Horde pulled the rope as far back as you can without winning. Then, the Liberators pulled the rope back to its starting point. When the rope reached its original position, time was called, and the tug of war stopped.

So, you see, neither side became victor of the war. However, by default, if there was a draw, I believe that means the Orcs would have control over it. They have, though, been missing for quite some time.

As far as I'm concerned, Yew is open territory. And it should stay that way, for neither you nor anyone else is fit to bring Justice to Yew. The town will remain neutral. I'll put my life on the line to see to it that it stays that way.

Vaen Swiftar
Proconsul
Legion of Justice
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 5:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The courier handed Lord Thrax two more letters, one from William and another from Vaen. Thrax mumbled to himself as he opened them with a short but sharp knife. He sat down at his desk and read them both. Then, laying two sheets of parchment in front of him, he took his quill pen and addressed a letter William:

Lord William,

The venom and spite with which you condemn other creatures to eternal torment delights me so much that I scarcely can contain myself. I do believe, sir, you are in the wrong business. Perhaps in a previous life we were brothers?

Be that as it may, I am saddened by your posture, though I am not surprised by it. It is ever the way of those who claim to represent "Light" and "Virtue" to invoke the name of their god, or gods, to give creedence to their own sordid prejudices and inhumane machinations. No wise person is fooled by it. Thus, despite your protests and threats, the work of restoring Yew to its former inhabitants will continue.

By the way, should you ever fall out of favor with this "lord" of yours, you will find a welcome place in the service of my god. I know he likes what he sees in you.

Lord Thrax

He rolled up the letter, tied a red and black ribbon around it and gave it to the courier who remained waiting in the room. "Take that to Lord William," he ordered, as he began writing a reply to Vaen's missive:

Lord Vaen,

Your letter is clearly the product of a reasonable and fair mind, something entirely unexpected in these deliberations about the future of Yew and the orcs.

I thank you for the information. I am certain it is accurate. However, I have no wish to debate the validity of the claims of ownership of Yew based upon past endeavors, especially of a military nature. That is, unless you, and any others, are willing to suggest that "might makes right" or that the outcome of war determines who is right? If that is so, then when the orcs inhabited and controlled Yew in the past, it was only "right" that they did so, and that any action undertaken later to force them out came from persons guided not by what is right (for that was determined by the orcs successful defense of their lands in the war) but by their own lusts, racism, prejudices and hatred.

In addition, let me make it clear: I have no desire whatsoever to rule Yew, much less bring justice to it, though your assertion that none are "fit to" is clearly more reason to help those who would try. I leave the rule of Yew to the orcs. I am human, not orcish, nor (Oggaroth be praised!) elvish, but I am sure some form of compromise can be reached between humans and orc-kind (who are obviously a similar species). One-sided treaties forced upon a conquered people by their enemies, and motivated by hate borne of mindless religious zeal have no validity at all.

I will continue to see that these injustices are corrected. I do hope your life will not be lost in the process. Your clear-headed reasoning is badly needed among those who claim to be paragons of the virtues. I wish you a long and prosperous life, sir.

Lord Thrax

He gave the second letter to the courier. "Deliver these at once. Leave any other letters that may come on my desk. I will attend to them later."

The courier nodded and exited quickly.
Molly

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Thrax

I am responding to your letter. I find at this time I must go to the Royal Court of Light and ask their stance on the subject Do not hold out any high expectations from them. The Orcs have gone so far as to come to our meetings, disrupting them and attempting to commit murder of the membership. This will not hold well with your hopes of support. Should you wish to come and address the gathering and state your case, we meet on Thursday nights at 9:30 by the eastern sky, feel free to do so. We can guarentee your safety for as long as you are within the Court. Should you need directions to where we meet, or a gate that also can be provided. I would however advise you to keep your comments to a diplomatic nature as we will not look kindly on any agression from you or your cohorts.

On a personal note I am a member of the Commonwealth myself and stand behind the decision of the Duke and Duchess of Yew.

Sanctus, Luna, Malas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXoGDbJ5nLU
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Vaen read over the letter he received back from Thrax and smirked slightly. He looked for something to write with but then shook his head.

"Nay, next we communicate will be in person, not through letters. An interesting person surfaces. I'll see what happens before I act."
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 12:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the mail to see if there was any news of Rufus, Sarah spies an unfamilar pen amongst the many scrolls that lay upon her desk. Reading the letter from Thrax she muses over the never ending conflict of Yew.

Shivering she thinks back of how safe she had thought Nujel'm was. A secluded island with only tourists and merchants..nothing like Yew and its troubles. How wrong she had been, now a call to arms and a build up of military might was being mustered up.

"Now it would seem a new threat is upon Yew, or is this Thrax Yew's new saviour? Tis hard to say so early in the game." Sighing she pens her reply.

My Lord Thrax,

Since I have sold all my lands in the Yew territory I have no longer been involved with the day to day matters of the land. I have put my complete faith in the Duke and Duchess and their abilities to govern the land.

If however you wish to discuss anything in regards to Nujel'm, I would be interested in a meeting.

Sultana of the Empire of Nujel'm
Lady Sarah Oryan
Tai Kwan Leap
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 11:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Thrax,

On behalf of the Sleeping Dragon Council, I send you this letter of good greetings.

We claim no control, nor desire to control any part of Yew. However, that having been said, many within the Council have friends in Yew.

I had thought that the Orcs of the clan that claimed Yew have been missing for many months.

Yours in service,

Tai Kwan Leap
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: